getting rod of push spam on phone

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
download "ad network detector" by Lookout, itl show you what type of ads are in your apps and certain ones you can go to a site and opt-out of them but theres nothing u can do about the ones in notification bar (without root anyway- dont know if Ad Free stops them)
so just weigh up if the app is worth having the ads.. i tend to uninstall from principle or get the payed version (if there is one.... if there isnt a payed ad-free app then basicly its a crap app anyway) ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

DevSteven

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If you are running Jelly Bean then you just hold down on the notification and click "app info" then just uncheck "receive notifications"

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are running Jelly Bean then you just hold down on the notification and click "app info" then just uncheck "receive notifications"

wow nice info mate. i havent got JB YET but thatl be cool.
whats it gona do to the app devs though? will this mean less "free" apps?
i think every app should have a 7day trial version (shorter for games obviously) and then if we realise we really like/need that app, we'l pay for it.
instead of having to sideload dodgy cracked apps just to test the cpu/battery use etc...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

DevSteven

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The feature was implemented so that developers don't abuse push notifications. Some apps push a lot of trash, so there is a smart solution.