Best-Looking Screen??

Jezz_X

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well if you listen to the podcast the android central crew seem to all think the Super LCD 2 on the HTC one x

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I liked the lcd2 cause its brighter but the sgs3's is not bad. Both have their ups and downs,but it comes down to person preference.

Sent from my S3:)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
From a purely subjective standpoint it is the SLCD2. Highest contrast, much better brightness, better color accuracy.

The iPhone 5 has a wider color gamut, but doesn't beat the SLCD2 in the other areas.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope you are not hoping to choose a phone on just the screen quality alone... that would end up in a disaster...

Motorola Photon 4G

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are not hoping to choose a phone on just the screen quality alone... that would end up in a disaster...

Motorola Photon 4G

How so? If you go with the general consensus that HTC makes the best quality screen then you'll end up with a One X (or One X+ in the near future), or a version of the J Butterfly/DLX. Both of those phones are awesome for far more reasons than the screen.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Good point. But what if a company that doesnt have the best phones decides they want to make a phone and then they put the best looking screen on a phone that doesnt do a lot? You end up with a great looking phone that is better used as a good looking paperweight. See what I am saying?

Motorola Photon 4G

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Good point. But what if a company that doesnt have the best phones decides they want to make a phone and then they put the best looking screen on a phone that doesnt do a lot? You end up with a great looking phone that is better used as a good looking paperweight. See what I am saying?

Motorola Photon 4G

Yeah, but I don't like what-ifs. :) Based on the landscape today the best display will get you one of the best phones. Actually, now that I think about it, you can say pretty much the same thing about cameras, too.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Motorola Photon 4G

Motorola Photon 4G

This is funny/ironic from someone with a Photon 4G. That was a pretty good phone that was absolutely ruined by a horrible looking screen. :)

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
This is funny/ironic from someone with a Photon 4G. That was a pretty good phone that was absolutely ruined by a horrible looking screen. :)

I have no issues with the screen. My only problem with it right now is the fact that Motorola won't update it to ICS and locked the bootloader on it with the update to 2.3.5. Other than that it is a great phone, even though it won't get the update.

I have a few other thoughts on this though: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=220580

Motorola Photon 4G

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently dropped my HTC One X and damaged the screen. After a quick buy on Craigslist, I now own the Samsung Galaxy S3. The HTC One X had a better screen but the Samsung Galaxy S3 is overall a better phone. It took some getting used to the new screen but after a while, you forget how better the HTC One X screen was. Again, it comes down to preference but a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a SLCD2 would be unstoppable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon