What screen size is best in a high end device?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a smaller phone, i think the galaxy s III is the perfect size, but my wife says too big, but she has little hands.

But umm...

You must wear some very tight pants if a galaxy s III doesn't fit in them!

Try wearing men's pants!

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

That's what I keep saying what freaking pants are these guys wearing. I have never seen Men's jeans that don't have pockets big enough. Girl pants are the only jeans I can think of and if that's the issue then stop it because your nuts are your friends don't punish them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's not about pants size. I holster my phone on my belt with either seidio active or otterbox defender cases. And having a vcr sized device hanging off your side is just not very practical

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I used otter box on my skyrocket it worked great especially on job sites I know you said it makes people look at you funny before for that I say who cares. If its just too big then I dunno what to tell ya other than what I have said before contact oem's

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I have massive hands. I haven't tryed the note yet, but my current phone is 4.5 . I can hold it in my hand with an otter box on it and there's still room!! That's with my fingers closed. I can hold it over your face and you wouldn't see my phone.

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That's what I keep saying what freaking pants are these guys wearing. I have never seen Men's jeans that don't have pockets big enough. Girl pants are the only jeans I can think of and if that's the issue then stop it because your nuts are your friends don't punish them.

I don't have problems with my phone fitting in jeans and pants, but when I'm wearing some basketball shorts there's very little room. Add to that, my left-arm is paralyzed so I have to stick my wallet and keys in that pocket as well. Again, they fit in the pocket of my jeans, but if anything else is in that same pocket, that pocket gets completely full and bulges out and looks ridiculous, and isn't to comfortable either. I can fit 100 $1 bills in my pocket, but I'd rather have 1 $100 bill in it.

Anyway, back to the original post; I would have to say #2. If the SGS3 Mini came with the same specs as the SGS3 (ie 2 gigs ram) I would buy it the day it came out. If I didn't have a paralyzed arm, I would definitely give a hard look at the Note 2. If there was a phone that had the same specs as the Note 2 but was 4.0"-4.3", even if it didn't have the stylus and I had two fully functioning arms, I would probably still pick the 4.0"-4.3" phone over the Note 2.

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
2. 4-4.3 inches is good enough. I actually got rid of my SG3 because I couldn't handle it on the weekends when I'm out clubbing. The phone was to wide and I felt it to much when I set down and was just to big even for my big 8+ in hands. I always felt like I was going to drop my phone and I fumble with it to much. I didn't have that much of a problem with my HTC EVO. They need to make high end 4in phones.

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
2. 4-4.3 inches, actually ideally 4.3 to 4.4". I have a SG3 which I really like but if I am honest with myself it's just a tad to big. My friend's HTC One S is the perfect size, but not available on AT&T with LTE so I got the SG3 (the HTC One X is too big). I really wish they would offer top end phones not only in the largest screen size.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think about the size of the new Nexus 4? In Phil's video it looks to have a slightly smaller bezel than the Galaxy Nexus. I believe it is 4.6in, but it looks like a good size.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think about the size of the new Nexus 4? In Phil's video it looks to have a slightly smaller bezel than the Galaxy Nexus. I believe it is 4.6in, but it looks like a good size.

Its 4.7 inches. It would have made more sense to keep it at 4.3in given that they are trying to add it to a Nexus family of devices. If you're going to market a 7in tablet in the nexus 7, then wouldn't you want to keep the phone smaller so that the need for a tablet is greater? I personally love the design of the nexus 4. If it was 4in-4.3in, it would have been the dream device i been looking for. I'm on Verizon, and would have switched carriers come January for an unlocked device like this.

For now, this is just too big for me as well.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Its 4.7 inches. It would have made more sense to keep it at 4.3in given that they are trying to add it to a Nexus family of devices. If you're going to market a 7in tablet in the nexus 7, then wouldn't you want to keep the phone smaller so that the need for a tablet is greater? I personally love the design of the nexus 4. If it was 4in-4.3in, it would have been the dream device i been looking for. I'm on Verizon, and would have switched carriers come January for an unlocked device like this.

For now, this is just too big for me as well.

It certainly looks smaller than the Galaxy Nexus which was 4.6 so I think I would like to hold it and see how big it is in my hand.

Dougie_fresh

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So my wife likes it when I wear pants that are a little tighter? What can I say? If you got it, flaunt it fellas ;)
I promise that I am wearing men's pants (and not "skinny" jeans, either). Bigger phones might technically fit, but it needs to be easy to get at when I'm trying to answer the phone that's ringing in my pocket. ESPECIALLY if I try to put some minimal case on it to protect from scratches. I get it that this doesn't bother everyone, but it's important for me.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So my wife likes it when I wear pants that are a little tighter? What can I say? If you got it, flaunt it fellas ;)
I promise that I am wearing men's pants (and not "skinny" jeans, either). Bigger phones might technically fit, but it needs to be easy to get at when I'm trying to answer the phone that's ringing in my pocket. ESPECIALLY if I try to put some minimal case on it to protect from scratches. I get it that this doesn't bother everyone, but it's important for me.

Well yeah, and regardless of whether it fits or not, our phones aren't the only things in our pockets. We have keys, wallets, cash, misc items and regardless, a smaller phone just accommodates everything better no matter what size your jeans are.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It certainly looks smaller than the Galaxy Nexus which was 4.6 so I think I would like to hold it and see how big it is in my hand.

Brad, u use a dinc2? Is that even your size preference? For me, i refuse to upgrade mine until i get a quality upgrade at the same exact size! But that's me.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Brad, u use a dinc2? Is that even your size preference? For me, i refuse to upgrade mine until i get a quality upgrade at the same exact size! But that's me.

I agree with you 100%. They need to come out with a top of the line phone that is 4".

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep! 4in screen is just very practical. Any larger has minimal benefit unless we're talking about games. And frankly, games are the next to last thing I wanna do with a communications device. As far as movies and media, watching anything on a phone is small regardless of whether its on a 4in screen or 4.8. Frankly, i rather just watch something on my 52" LED at home. On mobile, you have to expect a limit in order to balance function over form.

Voice, Social networking, texting, email, communication... Thats #1!!!

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep! 4in screen is just very practical. Any larger has minimal benefit unless we're talking about games. And frankly, games are the next to last thing I wanna do with a communications device. As far as movies and media, watching anything on a phone is small regardless of whether its on a 4in screen or 4.8. Frankly, i rather just watch something on my 52" LED at home. On mobile, you have to expect a limit in order to balance function over form.

To you but media consumption is becoming a major factor in smart phones and its showing more and more with these larger devices movies, games, browsing the web, what you want to do can be done with a flip phone so why not get a dumb phone.

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps you are okay with a phone that is mainly directed at dumbphone apps. For everyone else, web browsing on the sofa, gaming in the doctor's waiting room and maps are absolute musts, all of which benefit from a larger screen.

via Tapatalk

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you are okay with a phone that is mainly directed at dumbphone apps. For everyone else, web browsing on the sofa, gaming in the doctor's waiting room and maps are absolute musts, all of which benefit from a larger screen.

via Tapatalk

I'm with you brother, my phone is a secondary computer for me I handle documents, I use it to control my computer when I am away, I used it to manage building automation systems, as a GPS, entertainment for doctors visits or other waits, my son uses it to play with sometimes he's 2.5 and has no issues.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

via Tapatalk

I honestly don't see how .8 of an inch really benefits here, especially when its something so secondary to real communications (email, text, voice, network, etc). I'm not willing to do it at the cost of mobility and function. But kids may feel different.