What screen size is best in a high end device?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
OK stop calling me a kid I use bigger phones I have a career I have my own place my own cars a child just because you like tiny phones doesn't make us children and .8in diagonally can make quite a large difference. Oh and I wear jeans, basketball pants, dress slacks all of them fit my phone easily and comfortably with zero issues with my keys and stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
OK stop calling me a kid I use bigger phones I have a career I have my own place my own cars a child just because you like tiny phones doesn't make us children and .8in diagonally can make quite a large difference. Oh and I wear jeans, basketball pants, dress slacks all of them fit my phone easily and comfortably with zero issues with my keys and stuff

I remember quoting kookas, not u nrn. Still friends? lol

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I remember quoting kookas, not u nrn. Still friends? lol

But its an indirect attack on anyone who isn't of your mindset saying if you use anything over 4in then you are a child. Just because you can't be productive does not mean others can not

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Brad, u use a dinc2? Is that even your size preference? For me, i refuse to upgrade mine until i get a quality upgrade at the same exact size! But that's me.

I have a Samsung galaxy s2x which the same as the T mobile version. I like the size but wouldn't be opposed to trying a phone that is a bit bigger. I am probably going to buy the N4.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't see how .8 of an inch really benefits here, especially when its something so secondary to real communications (email, text, voice, network, etc). I'm not willing to do it at the cost of mobility and function. But kids may feel different.

I know a lot of people that are getting a bit older now and say they need a bigger screen just for typing. Most are iphone users and they complain about limitations in button size. A larger screen helps this a lot.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
But its an indirect attack on anyone who isn't of your mindset saying if you use anything over 4in then you are a child. Just because you can't be productive does not mean others can not

I think we have to agree that there is no perfect size for everyone. Other wise we would not have sales of so many different sized phones. RicanMedic is choked because he wants the fastest phone in a smaller size.. I think he may never get it but we will wait and see what happens in the next year. If it doesn't come out within this time I think it may never happen unless it really becomes something people are screaming about.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I think we have to agree that there is no perfect size for everyone. Other wise we would not have sales of so many different sized phones. RicanMedic is choked because he wants the fastest phone in a smaller size.. I think he may never get it but we will wait and see what happens in the next year. If it doesn't come out within this time I think it may never happen unless it really becomes something people are screaming about.

You and I have agreed often and on this topic I agree you can't please everyone but I will say numbers don't lie look at sales of the gs3 and note 2 people eat them up Sammy is making the highest profits in the smartphone game so I would say they found the trend and are using it to their advantage people can hate but they can't deny it

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I honestly don't see how .8 of an inch really benefits here, especially when its something so secondary to real communications (email, text, voice, network, etc). I'm not willing to do it at the cost of mobility and function. But kids may feel different.

I think text and email both benefit from larger screens. Easier to use the bigger keyboards that come with it, and to see more of what you're typing/replying to. I also rank Navigation up there with the most important group, and it benefits as well.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I thought when I got the SG2 that was the perect screen size I thought and would never go any larger but then I got the SG3 and said hmm it's a little bigger but felt good and the screen size well sorry to sound folksy but like the story of Godilocks and the three bears this one is just right not tasty but good just the same LOL!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Once upon a time, high end got smaller and smaller as tech advanced. You don't ever get the feeling of losing quality when u see something so much bigger? I get that feeling. Especially with Samsung who makes their phones out of cheap plastic.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Once upon a time, high end got smaller and smaller as tech advanced. You don't ever get the feeling of losing quality when u see something so much bigger? I get that feeling. Especially with Samsung who makes their phones out of cheap plastic.

This cheap plastic has held up well I even threw my skyrocket full force one day completely angry in a fight no cracks no breaks nothing totally fine

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

That's because technology was the main deciding factor in the size of anything. Now, technology has advanced so far that the decision comes down to us. It's better that way, since machines are meant to work for us, not vice versa.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Why would something bigger be less quality by default? The purpose wasn't to be as small as possible. A corvette is bigger than a SMART car, and it's a much better performing automobile.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say that this logic is absolute. Its just a feeling. The iphone for example, just feels like high quality hardware. And i cant help but take from that that size was a factor in giving it that feeling. Maybe it has to do with the way size becomes part of the design that strikes the balance. In the iphones case, size clearly doesn't mean cheaper.

Bigger and bigger to me is like a hollow gimmick to make u believe you get more when you actually get less when it comes to advancements in the hardware itself. But as i said before, that's my view, and up until maybe 2009/10, that was just about where we all were when it came to our interests. Media and gaming really were the only real changes that disrupted this pattern. And as i always believed, media is secondary ro good communications.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say that this logic is absolute. Its just a feeling. The iphone for example, just feels like high quality hardware. And i cant help but take from that that size was a factor in giving it that feeling. Maybe it has to do with the way size becomes part of the design that strikes thw balance. Bigger and bigger to me is like a hollow gimmick to make u believe you get more when you actually get less when it comes to advancements in the hardware itself.

Well feelings are subjective. Also, I'm pretty sure Samsung would still make their phones out of plastic if they were making big phones. That's just their style and it holds up well. Don't you use an otterbox anyway? I don't see how you can even feel the plastic through that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say that this logic is absolute. Its just a feeling. The iphone for example, just feels like high quality hardware. And i cant help but take from that that size was a factor in giving it that feeling. Maybe it has to do with the way size becomes part of the design that strikes the balance. In the iphones case, size clearly doesn't mean cheaper.

Bigger and bigger to me is like a hollow gimmick to make u believe you get more when you actually get less when it comes to advancements in the hardware itself. But as i said before, that's my view, and up until maybe 2009/10, that was just about where we all were when it came to our interests. Media and gaming really were the only real changes that disrupted this pattern. And as i always believed, media is secondary ro good communications.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352574813486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352574813486.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 23

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't hold up well. Have you read long term reviews on the GS3??? The quality is just not there. And yes, i use an otterbox or seidio case, but that would just make the phone ridiculously larger than it already is. Apple struck a perfect balance, the problem is that i like the Android ecosystem better. And i think there are plenty of people like me who wish there was a 4in high end device. It would sell, imho of course.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It would sell yes but would it sell the 3million in 30 days like note 2 or the 20mill of the gs3 in like 3 months

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
And i am in no way saying they should stop making your much cherished gs3s or galaxy notes. But to truly believe that my desire is rare is a serious lack of logic and common sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma