Ok, 3x Nexus 7 have a screen problem, i'm pissed off...

RaptorZX3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i'm pissed off now. The first Nexus 7 i got had some bright pixels (next to eachother) problem, i returned to Best Buy for an exchange, then the 2nd Nexus 7 they gave me had some kind of strange round dot near the middle of the glass that wouldn't go away (manufacturing defect i suppose), and then this one (3rd) have a similar problem as the 1st one, except the pixels are darker (like "burns") and they're in 2 different places on the screen!

Why those problems always happen to me??

i think i'm gonna ask for a refund this time, because i'm so fed up about problems like that, and it seem like i'm a magnet for screen problems! no joke!

my first LCD monitor had a dead pixel (returned for exchange), my Nintendo DS had a green stuck pixel, i had numerous portable media players as well, and i think half of them had screen problems, my PSP i had to exchange it many times to find a fairly good one (the shop where i bought it didn't wanted to exchange it anymore).

You know...LCD screens didn't had this problem when the Game Gear, Sega Nomad and all those portable games devices with color LCD screens were released, 15+ years ago!

i wouldn't have asked for a refund if i didn't had to buy bus tickets everytime i want to go there, and it's one of the only places i can buy it from around here. There are many many shops, but those selling the Nexus 7 are more far away, and when you don't even have a bike, it suck to go there again and again for problems like that.

While the problem wasn't there, i was able to try a game that i play on my other device (Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II) called "Highway Rider", this free 3D game where you drive a bike with the tilt control, and you have to pass by vehicles as near as possible to make points. I noticed a much more fluid framerate on the Nexus 7.

RaptorZX3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
there, refunded.

Next time i'll look for used tablet, that way i'm sure the screen won't have any problem! the only thing i'll ask for is at least 16gb of memory (or 8gb + MicroSD slot up to 32gb), and at least Android 4.0.

RaptorZX3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
found someone that will sell his Nexus 7 16gb for 240$ to me. That include everything that come with it normally, a screen protector already on it, 1 leather case, another one that have a bluetooth keyboard. i'm pretty sure the cases are the 8-10$ ones on Ebay, but still, i'll be sure the screen won't have problem.

The guy bought it on Google store, and said there's nothing wrong with it. I talked to him on the phone and told him to try the app "screen test", he did and he said the screen is just great, nothing odd.

I asked him if i can contact him while it's on warranty with Google, in case something happen during that time, he said it's alright.