Capacitive or On Screen?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Curious to see which camps people are settling into now that the on screen buttons have become more common on newer hardware.
I still like the capacitive buttons on my One X. If I'm buying a 4.7 inch screen, I want it for content. Not a 4.7 inch screen, less . 5 for on screen buttons. I don't count that "button space" as usable screen real estate.
Which camp are you in?

Sent from my HTC One X

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
not a good question to ask. Lots of debate on this one.

The Google elit---I mean purists will say that "google intends no buttons, the all have to be onscreen"

Others don't care. Whatever works for you. I love my 4.8 without buttons, even with the big honkin physical button in the middle. Mostly because I do not really care how I get where I want to go, just as long as I get there

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google would prefer on screen buttons as evidenced by the nexus line, but the guidelines say that capacitive is also acceptable.

I definitely get the point about screen real estate, but something about on screen buttons just feels "right". I have devices with both, and I think I like on screen buttons with apps that aren't updated for ICS/JB, but prefer the extra real estate when using apps that have been updated.

Snowman81

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I like the capacitive buttons more, until Google finds a good way for the on screen buttons to disappear completely when not needed, I can't really appreciate them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae