Google... Wireless Service Provider

Plazmic Flame

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I found this to be an interesting read because I'm sure it's on Google's Master To-Do list. They've already started providing Super hi-speed internet, why not go all the way?!

Wall Street Journal said:
Google Inc. has held talks with satellite-TV provider Dish Network Corp. in recent weeks to partner on a new wireless service that would rival the networks of wireless carriers such as AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless, according to people familiar with the discussions.

The talks between Dish and Google aren't advanced and could amount to nothing, one of the people said.

Google is just one of several companies that Dish has held talks with recently, and the discussions with other potential partners are also at an exploratory stage, said the people familiar with the discussions. It is unclear which other ...

Sourc: (WSJ) Google, Dish Held Talks to Launch Wireless Service - WSJ.com

Thoughts?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughts?

First thought is that you're freaking awesome for including the link. Writing online is tough work and I like it when people credit their source :)

Second thought?
Apple; Microsoft; RIM; HP; Yahoo; Verizon; AT&T; Sprint; T-Mobile USA; Comcast; Time Warner; Clear vs. Google will hit the courts.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm very excited about this. They say they want to start offering service in mid to late 2013. Can you imagine a Motorola Nexus on Google's own network next holiday season? Their whole vision for Android would come together. And does anybody know how much spectrum they acquired? Data speeds will be key as everything is going to be data only. (Which is awesome. I always knew this would be inevitable but Google always seems to be in a rush to make the future happen.)

Google and Dish Network teaming on new data-only wireless carrier service - National Technology | Examiner.com

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2