Marketing: Why Samsung is Winning

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The cost of selling Galaxies via Asymco

We don?t have data on the current year since that is released after year?s end, but it?s interesting to note that promotions cost more than ads, which themselves are substantial relative to other companies.

The company also reports ?Marketing Expenses? every quarter[1]. These figures appear to be the sum of Ad spending, Sales Promotions, Public Relations and a portion of ?other? expenses as a part of SG&A.

When considering all marketing expenses, Samsung Electronics? sales efforts begin to look quite astonishing.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-29-at-11-29-7.22.07-PM.png

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty astonishing to see Sammy spending so much on advertising and marketing, but when you see how many print ads, billboards, tv spots and event sponsorships they do worldwide its not surprising. It helps when Samsung is a gigantic multinational corporation with "limitless" pockets. they can afford to spend a good chunk of change on marketing.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the phones their making. Although marketing is a big part. If the phones were task they wouldn't be winning.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That is incredible. Especially when you see how low Apple's expenses are and where Coca Cola is. I wonder if it's because of the global advertising vs more of Apple being in North America.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That is incredible. Especially when you see how low Apple's expenses are and where Coca Cola is. I wonder if it's because of the global advertising vs more of Apple being in North America.

I think you're spot on with regards to Coca Cola vs. Apple. Coke is everywhere, even "poorer" or developing countries.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think you're spot on with regards to Coca Cola vs. Apple. Coke is everywhere, even "poorer" or developing countries.
ya their marketing budget is massive. Samsung is pulling out the stops. I just read they are expecting to sell over 500 million devices in 2013.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
ya their marketing budget is massive. Samsung is pulling out the stops. I just read they are expecting to sell over 500 million devices in 2013.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Well only time will tell how accurate those expectations become but it's by no means impossible. Especially for Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well only time will tell how accurate those expectations become but it's by no means impossible. Especially for Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
Wait until the SGS4 comes out. That will be the game changer device.