Bluetooth headset, which one is right for me?

DoubleP90

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a bluetooth handsfree kit for my car stereo some time ago but it's too cumbersome for me, so i want to sell it and get myself a headset.

The features i am looking for are:
It has to look good
Integrate with google now/google search (being able to press a button and say call someone, or ask questions like, what time is it) i hate the voice recognition that comes with some of them, and i like how google now works
Decent call quality
Music listening

PC compatible (but i think they all are)

I liked the BlueAnt q2 and the Jawbone Era, they both look good and has a good sound quality, but i don't know if they are compatible with the google now/search feature

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure, but I believe it may depends on your phone. I have an S3 and I use an LG HBS700 and a Samsung HM1700. Both give me good sound and battery life; the LG has a boost feature though. However, neither allow me to use any voice command; just the usual phone conversation features although the units are capable. Works on my PC and laptop perfectly fine. Im not too sure even though it sounds as if your mobile is compatible. Both units support voice calling and I believe that is the feature you are looking for. I may be wrong since Bluetooth features seem to have more variations than versions. Maybe someone else has more knowledge than myself (which is highly probable). I would buy the one that has your prefered features and hope for the best. I am partial to the Jawbone because of prefered features such as motion and multi device pairing. A vibrating headset is nice if you ever misplace your phone and it is set to vibrate; just call your phone and walk around until your headset vibrates. It is like a treasure hunt ;)

DoubleP90

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus.
the thing i need the most is the google search integration, i wouldn't use it much very much to say "call john" as i live in italy and most of my friends have italian names so and it won't recognize non english names.

I would mostly need the google search integration for fun and entertainment during driving, like asking it questions and getting answers, or sometimes when i am shopping and i don't want to check the time on the phone every 5 mins i can ask it without taking it out.

My main choice would be the Jawbone era as it is better reviewed and better looking, but the blueant has the ability to answer a call with your voice so it's pretty nice aswell, so now to decide i want to discover which one supports google voice search

DoubleP90

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've just got a confirmation that the Jawbone Era works with google now /google voice search :D
And i've got the answer from this reviewer
Jawbone Era Review & Sound Quality Test - YouTube

I think i'm gonna buy the Jawbone Era then :)

I found the Jawbone Era at a pretty decent price on ebay, and it has premium quality, i prefer to spend a little bit more and have some better stuff :)