Do you think Google would ever entertain the idea of a video game console?

mightymikek83

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking this over--especially after the rumor news that Sony will ID their discs. I know Apple hasn't hit this market and maybe they don't see money in it, but if Sony is possibly going to hurt themselves--leaving Nintendo and Microsoft to enjoy the new users--would Google make such a device?

The Google Play store easily could implement a section for video games for achievements such as Sony and Microsoft. A section where you can download games for a set price or points.

This could also help their Google TV efforts. It could be similar to Microsoft's Xbox but with Google doing it better.

I know this is far-fetched and obviously isn't on the radar, but man... I think it would be pretty sweet.

It should be called "Nexus: Entertainment Console" ha.

The future is bright and who would've thought in the past that SEGA would exit the hardware business, Microsoft enter the console business while eventually beating Sony and Nintendo in sales, and watch Blackberry die a slow death.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Do you think Google would ever entertain the idea of a video game console?

Not as long android will stay open like that... or else gameing merket will make huge twist. I would look on OUYA since i think its device and service you thinking about. Thru i have no idea how far OUYA as a platform is away from android platform. Ouya made huge buzz if, it fails i dont see how google would succed