People buy android because its cheap not good.

teerone

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Pretty interesting stuff.
I don't agree on the point of android being "cheap" yes there are cheap android phones, but its more of a value not cheap.
Cheap is what you get when you buy a china knock off..

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I think initially yes it sold like crazy because they were significantly cheaper than iPhones but that's no longer the case as-of devices launching with ICS & up so this article isn't relevant.
It should have been titled "People USE to buy Androids because they WERE cheaper".

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
More relevant in the early days of Android. Less relevant in 2013.

iPhones cover the same price points as Android devices now.

But if people continue with the mindset that iPhones are expensive, Android will never shake the "Android is cheap" myth/stigma.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: People buy android because its cheap not good.

Android as a system is not even cheap.... its free ; p so as result phones are cheaper in production and more money can be spend on hardware

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Odp: People buy android because its cheap not good.

My phone was.. pretty pricey. And it is also good.

Exactly. Comparing Android devices to iPhones doesn't tell us much, because Android devices range from cheap to expensive, and vary accordingly in capacity, specs, and performance. By comparison, all iPhones are expensive, assuming we're not talking about aftermarket or other private transactions. So it's rather like comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Comparing Android devices to iPhones doesn't tell us much, because Android devices range from cheap to expensive, and vary accordingly in capacity, specs, and performance. By comparison, all iPhones are expensive, assuming we're not talking about aftermarket or other private transactions. So it's rather like comparing apples and oranges.

lol.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Not entirely true. The S3 actually had a higher price than the iphone did when it was released I believe.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Or, Apples and Androids, as the case may be.

I agree with other posters. Perhaps in the beginning, people did buy Android devices because they had lower prices than iOS devices, even if quality and usability wasn't up to par, but that is no longer true. Current Android devices have a wide range of prices, but the Android OS has experienced consistent and significant improvements to quality and usability. I've been using Android since Froyo, on a number of devices, and now find iOS devices to be almost primitive in comparison. The Gizmodo writer is clearly biased, and not treating the subject fairly.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Or, Apples and Androids, as the case may be.

I agree with other posters. Perhaps in the beginning, people did buy Android devices because they had lower prices than iOS devices, even if quality and usability wasn't up to par, but that is no longer true. Current Android devices have a wide range of prices, but the Android OS has experienced consistent and significant improvements to quality and usability. I've been using Android since Froyo, on a number of devices, and now find iOS devices to be almost primitive in comparison. The Gizmodo writer is clearly biased, and not treating the subject fairly.

Well we don't have percentage shere of android phones, there ton of cheap Android phones, and they might be the one that drives the numbers.

But the real reason why Android is gaining more numbers is not either price or quality but of large number of different models and Apple whatever you they do they won't able to beat it. People here seem to easily forget about mid-range and low-range phones (some even shock that they exist like with Galaxy S3 Mini).... including older iPhones that Apple sal..... i mean give for free under contract... so price seem not matter :p

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple has done a spectacular job of feeding the massive with its one size fits all iPhone...that is comparable to a rooted droid from 2 years ago. They're sour because Samsung won't supply them with innards anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing ever good about gizmo they are extremely biased towards Apple. Case in point look at the tile.Their premise is offensive, I picked Android over Apple because it ess as a better product

Almost every tech Site is biased towards Apple. CNet is one of the worst.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I don' think is really news. It's practically Windows and Mac OS all over again. The only real difference being the business models this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173