USB DISK Designations

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
In Settings under Storage and below "Erase SD card" I have 8 lines entitled: USB DISK /STORAGE/USBDISK_1.1.1 thru 1.7. Under each of these statements there are greyed out lines "Mount USB DISK" and "Insert an USB Disk for mounting".

I do have a functioning 64gb micro SD card in the phone, but it is properly designated above these 8 lines.

What are these used lines for? Why are they showing up?

Dennis

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: USB DISK Designations

In Unix (which Linux in Android simulates) theres only one root directory unlike in Windows each device has its own latter and root directory. In Unix partions and other devices can be "mouted" to any directory and then content of that device can be accessed thru this directory, so in this case usb will be mouted in /storage/usb_1.1.1 directory and content of that usb device can be accessed there :)

Devices can be mounted and unmouted in diffrent directories any time

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
In Unix (which Linux in Android simulates) theres only one root directory unlike in Windows each device has its own latter and root directory. In Unix partions and other devices can be "mouted" to any directory and then content of that device can be accessed thru this directory, so in this case usb will be mouted in /storage/usb_1.1.1 directory and content of that usb device can be accessed there :)

Devices can be mounted and unmouted in diffrent directories any time

Thanks a bunch. Better understanding now. One last question....... Why all the other lines about USBDISK 1.2 thru 1.7?

Sent from my HP Touchpad w/CM9 Tenderloin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro