Stop crying about NOT getting FROYO as yet

BigOldBear

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems to be hollering, screaming, crying "foul" because they haven't gotten Froyo as yet. Everyone is painting Motorola, Big Red and suppliers into a corner. :(
EVIDENTLY it is not ready for final publication. Evidently the companies feel they don't want to have an "antenna-gate". :(

Do you want it correct, do you want it right, or would you rather have problems? Duh?:cool::cool::cool:

I am NOT a Droid "newbie" - Just new to this forum. I have had the Droid since BEFORE 2.1. In any case - I would prefer a system that WORKS - and works WELL.
I don't LIKE big bugs, I don't want "walk-arounds"
Been there, Done that, Got the Tee shirt - Burned it.

Let's maintain the power of Android

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems to be hollering, screaming, crying "foul" because they haven't gotten Froyo as yet. Everyone is painting Motorola, Big Red and suppliers into a corner. :(
EVIDENTLY it is not ready for final publication. Evidently the companies feel they don't want to have an "antenna-gate". :(

Do you want it correct, do you want it right, or would you rather have problems? Duh?:cool::cool::cool:

I am NOT a Droid "newbie" - Just new to this forum. I have had the Droid since BEFORE 2.1. In any case - I would prefer a system that WORKS - and works WELL.
I don't LIKE big bugs, I don't want "walk-arounds"
Been there, Done that, Got the Tee shirt - Burned it.

Let's maintain the power of Android

Glad to see that there are others with patience. :)

grubish

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a rooted Evo upgraded to "the Froyo". I wasnt all that impressed. There wasnt anything there that I didnt already have (purchased PDANET). As a Palm Pre convert, I like not having to root my phone juts to have the basic needs covered. I miss the card multi-tasking but there will never be an Android update that covers that. I see myself returning to WebOS once this years contract is up or HP comes out with a better piece of hardware. Android is nice but WebOS is better for web browsing, multi tasking and ease of use. I am not trying to slam the droid, but this is my honest opinion as a Blackberry technician who likes to try other flavors.

Back to Froyo, I have yet to see a major feature that Froyo brings to the table that the 2.1 doesnt already have. Android slaughters Blackberry's OS(s), manhandles the iPhone and the hardware shames any currently available WebOS stuff so be happy and dont void your warranties.

Work: BB8700-BB8300-BB8310-BB9000-BB9700
Play: Treo 600-Treo650-Treo755P-Palm Pre-Evo4G

That is only the past three years worth of OS's and hardware. I am sure some have more but I like to think I am in fluent in phone OS fu.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would rather have a bug-less 2.2 on my phone than a thrown together Froyo that freezes your phone every time you activate the camera or whatever. I'll wait for them to get it right the first time. Patience :)

Stefan Petit-Freres

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is a better developed Ans an upgrade to 2.1 also known as 2.2. This software is a huge upgrade exceeding 450% in speed works the best onthe nexus one it has flash player hotspots and more accessibilities. Each android software has a code name correct me if I'm wrong 1.5=Cupcake 1.6=Donut 2.0/2.1=Eclair(vanilla, htc sense) 2.2 froyo and 3.0 which hasn't come out is Gingerbread it was pretty hard typing this from the mytouch

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Im tired of hearing people belly aching as well that they dont have Froyo too, jezz give them a frigging break. Motorola is giving you software for free, yup I said for free. Theve spent thousands of dollars and millions of man-time hours working on this software for you.You may comment that you bought your phone yeah and they gave you 2.1 which wasn't that interesting so keep your tighty whities on and chill lax dude its coming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae