NEW phones coming up in 2010

Burnsj63

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a running list of new Android phones coming out for the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2010, and the carriers respectively? Small info on them would be great, because of new Androids that are coming out every month, you wanna make sure that you are waiting for the best one for you, and its not gonna be toooo long of a wait!!!! :cool:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if there is a comprehensive list anywhere but we can start compiling one

All 4 major US carriers are getting a Samsung Galaxy X variant (all with different names and different timeframes). Sprint's will have a physical slide out keyboard.

Verizon is getting the Droid 2.

Anyone else?

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What about the rumored 2ghz MOTO Droid and the HTC glacier that supposed to hit T-Mobile? Mind you those are just rumors.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited about the Droid Pro. It's starting to leak all over the internet and the rumor is that its going to hit market in November. Would be awesome if it had Gingerbread.

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you like Android, you may want to look at another carrier as all of their phones thusfar have been crippled and there are no signes that this is gonna change.

Looks interesting yeah.

I would call the captivate anything but crippled. I compared my Captivate with a friends Incredible, and the Captivate is hands down a better phone.

ramb0211

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt any 2Ghz Phones come out this year. I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 1.5Ghz phone. They'll mostly be 1.2 to 1.3 Ghz phones like the Droid Pro will probably be, but it does sound awesome as it's a GSM phone. Pretty sure the latest rumors have it as Gingerbread out of the box too. I think Verizon is really the only carrier that's leaked anything. Their new tablet sounds pretty intriguing.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I would call the captivate anything but crippled. I compared my Captivate with a friends Incredible, and the Captivate is hands down a better phone.

Can you load side loaded apps? (without Phil and Jerry's little work around). As I understand it you can't and AT&T has no intention of reversing their stance on that.

It may seem great now, but how about 8-9 month from now?

You may want to do some research. HTC has a track record of actually upgrading their phones, Samsung has always been the opposite. Yes the Samsung phones will get Froyo and almost certainly Gingerbread (but probably later than the rest of us) but it is very unlikely that they will get anything beyond that.

No one disputes that the screen is amazing but Samsung has a reputation for overall poor device build quality and leaving their customers high and dry on software upgrades. Phil and Jerry on the podcast saying they think that's not gonna be the case with the Galaxy X phones does not mean that it will happen. The DInc is getting Froyo, Gingerbread, and almost certainly at least one major upgrade beyond that if the phone can physically support it.

The newest device always seems faster than the one that is a few months old but that isn't necessarily the case. I don't have one so I cant say for sure, but I am very skeptical. My DInc blows the Evo out of the water, and it is newer device. I've also heard numerous people put the DInc and the X head to head and had the X loose, so yeah ...

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There's renewed rumors about the HTC Merge (Scorpion) hitting Verizon before year's end. I haven't been able to find any leaked photos. :(

RobertInCypress

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Can you load side loaded apps? (without Phil and Jerry's little work around). As I understand it you can't and AT&T has no intention of reversing their stance on that.

It may seem great now, but how about 8-9 month from now?

You may want to do some research. HTC has a track record of actually upgrading their phones, Samsung has always been the opposite. Yes the Samsung phones will get Froyo and almost certainly Gingerbread (but probably later than the rest of us) but it is very unlikely that they will get anything beyond that.

No one disputes that the screen is amazing but Samsung has a reputation for overall poor device build quality and leaving their customers high and dry on software upgrades. Phil and Jerry on the podcast saying they think that's not gonna be the case with the Galaxy X phones does not mean that it will happen. The DInc is getting Froyo, Gingerbread, and almost certainly at least one major upgrade beyond that if the phone can physically support it.

The newest device always seems faster than the one that is a few months old but that isn't necessarily the case. I don't have one so I cant say for sure, but I am very skeptical. My DInc blows the Evo out of the water, and it is newer device. I've also heard numerous people put the DInc and the X head to head and had the X loose, so yeah ...

AT&T probably does hold the Captivate down a little, ok no probably about it. Adding all that crapware & not allowing sideloading keeps the phone from reaching its full potential but it can be worked around.
For people like me that are contractually tied to AT&T its awesome to finally get a top of the line Android phone. I haven't got to use the X or even a G1 or anything since none of that was available on AT&T. The Captivate is my first non-BlackBerry phone & I love it.
They may limit some of its power but sometomes theres not a lot you can do about your cell provider.

MRWOLF6969

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Same with me US Cell finaly stepped into the Andorid world and A friend talked me into trying the Desire. With as slow as US Cell releases phones should get some use out if the Desire be for an upgrade.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
AT&T probably does hold the Captivate down a little, ok no probably about it. Adding all that crapware & not allowing sideloading keeps the phone from reaching its full potential but it can be worked around.
For people like me that are contractually tied to AT&T its awesome to finally get a top of the line Android phone. I haven't got to use the X or even a G1 or anything since none of that was available on AT&T. The Captivate is my first non-BlackBerry phone & I love it.
They may limit some of its power but sometomes theres not a lot you can do about your cell provider.

Yeah if it is a business phone and you are tied to your carrier I fully get what you are saying, but all other things being equal if you are an Android power user you should steer clear of AT&T.

v#AC

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not surprising Android has moved forward at a greater speed as it has some big players behind it with far greater resources than Palm.the new android phones are coming in 2010 ...does anyone has list of new andriod phone

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if it is a business phone and you are tied to your carrier I fully get what you are saying, but all other things being equal if you are an Android power user you should steer clear of AT&T.

i hear ya unfortunately in ym area ATT is the best carrier all of the local vzw stores have horrible customer service and reception is spotty so im hoping iphone exclusivity ends next year and ATT embraces android! but i hope they will offer some more high end devices but well see im staying hopeful a bit longer lol.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
lets see as of today we have

verizon:
fascinate

t-mobile:
G2

AT&T:
flipout

sprint:
not too sure

sorry thats all i know of as confirmed so far i think there is also an htc device. but i dont remember what banding it will be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci