Highest Expected Smartphone?

M5TheRed

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had many Android phones. One's from HTC, Samsung, LG, and even Blackberry.
But, from all phone's I've liked so far is the HTC One X+. Mainly, Because HTC worked hard so to provide us with the best, and natural display around.
I hated Samsung because of their Over-Saturated colors. So, I prefer natural colors. Every company nowadays is trying to make 1080p displays, and this is the part where it gets annoying.
Which Smartphone does truly deserve our cash?
So, my main question is, Which Smartphone will you get when the 1080p era is here?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You must not be a root user or care about development. Samsung has one of the best developer relations programs as well as Sony. HTC blindly attacked a developer threatened him to change the name of his site pull out all the ruu's and their lawyer being a was saying he needed to remove all his custom sense ROMs causing a nice backlash. yeah HTC really thinks about its consumers :rolleyes:.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about James Taylor at htcruu.com, then you need to fact check just a little before posting. 30 seconds of googling, and I was able to figure out that both sides of that disagreement have settled things amicably. HTC doesn't appear to be attacking anyone.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about James Taylor at htcruu.com, then you need to fact check just a little before posting. 30 seconds of googling, and I was able to figure out that both sides of that disagreement have settled things amicably. HTC doesn't appear to be attacking anyone.

Yeah I'm aware but they clearly aren't thinking before they jump and technically he had every right to the name as long as he didn't use their logo's they are using their corporate weight to bully us around. But if your into that kind of crap by all means.

M5TheRed

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm aware but they clearly aren't thinking before they jump and technically he had every right to the name as long as he didn't use their logo's they are using their corporate weight to bully us around. But if your into that kind of crap by all means.

To be honest, if HTC made an attack, it would of been an advantage to the consumer,because if you flash roms, Ur phone is practically dead. But, lets not jump onto an another subject. I just wanted opinions,that's all :)

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, if HTC made an attack, it would of been an advantage to the consumer,because if you flash roms, Ur phone is practically dead. But, lets not jump onto an another subject. I just wanted opinions,that's all :)

OK please explain the logic behind this because that makes absolutely no sense to me.

M5TheRed

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
OK please explain the logic behind this because that makes absolutely no sense to me.

My main point was that you guys were jumping to a different subject. My subject was simple. Just asking people what phones do they want to get as soon as 1080 p phones arrive. Sorry if there was a communication issue..

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My pick will be Samsung because when modified properly those "oversaturated" screens look amazing and I don't have to have my phone registered to have it bootloader unlocked.

Sony because again developer relations are getting better and their hardware has finally come up to par with its competitors and they have awesome screen tech anyway.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
My pick will be Samsung because when modified properly those "oversaturated" screens look amazing and I don't have to have my phone registered to have it bootloader unlocked.

Sony because again developer relations are getting better and their hardware has finally come up to par with its competitors and they have awesome screen tech anyway.

They still aren't capable of a true white. They are always going to be cool or warm even if it's only the slightest amount.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

M5TheRed

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
They still aren't capable of a true white. They are always going to be cool or warm even if it's only the slightest amount.

Im with Kevin on this one.
Samsung's colors, to me, are just ridiculous. I prefer natural colors like how HTC uses them. But again, its all just opinions.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
You must not be a root user or care about development. Samsung has one of the best developer relations programs as well as Sony. HTC blindly attacked a developer threatened him to change the name of his site pull out all the ruu's and their lawyer being a was saying he needed to remove all his custom sense ROMs causing a nice backlash. yeah HTC really thinks about its consumers :rolleyes:.

Way to hijack this persons thread with useless, irrelevant information. Start your own thread.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

True blacks are king on Samsung. Nobody does it better :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Personally I'm staying with my Skyrocket until I can either get a 920 or trade it for an iPhone 4S.

I've been using Microsoft services bolted onto Android for a while and the experience with those are superior on iOS or Windows Phone, so I'm ready to make a switch. Outside of switching for those UX (and UI, in many cases) benefits, I could care less what's coming out or what screen resolution it has. I'm totally burnt out on watching technology move at a breakneck speed and it's time to focus on things that are more worth my time - things that actually matter.

Android OEMs and their countless throw-away devices + the community's attitude of "hack it or GTFO" in regards to updates (Security, OS Upgrades, or anything) has completely turned me off from this platform for the moment. I'm barely even interested these days.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
True blacks are king on Samsung. Nobody does it better :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Nokia makes better screens than Samsung, and they're OLED with true blacks.

Samsung screens aren't all that good, and haven't been great since the first SAMOLED and only because LCD was so damn bad back then. The Lumia 900's Clearblack screen was superior to what they had on the GS2, and the Lumia 920's OLED screen is easily superior to anything Samsung has on the market. Even the One X's screen is better, and the screens from LG and [especially] Sony give them a run for their money. Peronally I preferred the screen on the Xperia ion to the GS3 (brighter and crisper).

Samsung also seems incapable of making phones that don't randomly fry SD Cards, as well.

If I ever consider another Android device, it will be a Sony. They aren't over-themed/over-customized and their designs do for Android what Nokia does for Windows Phone. They use top notch build materials, as well, and their media ecosystem isn't ignorable (and better than Google's own).

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the Nexus 5 will be 1080p.
Though I'll also be getting the S4 this year so hopefully that'll be 1080p as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Please go buy your iPhone and leave. I'm begging you make things nicer around here.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Please go buy your iPhone and leave. I'm begging you make things nicer around here.

Personally I'm staying with my Skyrocket until I can either get a 920 or trade it for an iPhone 4S.
Don't troll me. You already have one infraction. Don't work so hard for the second one.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not your unhappy with android why bring a site meant to be used to either improve it or express our enthusiasm for it down with your always negative attitude towards it. If you dislike it that much get what will work for you and stop poisoning this place with your crap outlook.