I did it, SOLD my iPhone 5, Now what

cwaldo5252

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
After many years with Apple, I am moving on and believe I have narrowed it down to 3. I am on Verizon so it's gonna be the Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S3, or Razr Maxx HD. I am going to play with them in store tomorrow but any insight beforehand is appreciated. The Note 2 and S3 seem pretty much the same except for size and the Razr Maxx HD seems like it rocks cause of it's battery. The most important things to me in my phone are email, texting, gaming apps, surfing the net, facebooking, and TEXTING!!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I would wait til the details for the S4 come out and compare to the HTC One as well, you might find you wanna wait for one of those to be released. Just a suggestion.

cwaldo5252

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
The only problem is I am now phone-less as my iphone 5 was my main one. So waiting for an extended period of time isn't really an option.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, why isn't the HTC Droid DNA an option? But anyways, based on the things you mentioned, it seems like you would benefit greatly from a large screen, so I would recommend the Note 2 or the DNA. The DNA has a better processor and screen, but the Note 2 has a larger screen and S Pen.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty then.

Well depends on what you want for your phone then. All the phones are fast enough to do all those things for you quickly, the only thing I can suggest is the Note 2 with the bigger screen making web browsing and gaming better for you.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Based on what you are looking for I would eliminate the DNA because of lack of storage and no SD slot. I have personally used all 3 you mentioned and am on the Note2 now. RAM, processor, expandable storage and screen size make the N2 a clear winner in my eyes. I was also an Apple guy for a long time and I am glad I made the switch.

FWIW the Razr Maxx HD would be my second choice. Battery life is a little better than the N2, the screen is smaller but very good and 32GB onboard storage that is expandable with an SD card.

The new HTC One is a little way off and I heard it's not coming to Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
After many years with Apple, I am moving on and believe I have narrowed it down to 3. I am on Verizon so it's gonna be the Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S3, or Razr Maxx HD. I am going to play with them in store tomorrow but any insight beforehand is appreciated. The Note 2 and S3 seem pretty much the same except for size and the Razr Maxx HD seems like it rocks cause of it's battery. The most important things to me in my phone are email, texting, gaming apps, surfing the net, facebooking, and TEXTING!!

Razr Maxx HD is what you want.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The most important things to me in my phone are email, texting, gaming apps, surfing the net, facebooking, and TEXTING!!

Well since making calls isn't on your list go with a note 2. The screen size well spoil you rotten. I can't believe I lasted two years with my vibrant 4" screen.

My wife had an S3 loves her phone but at times complains about the performance. When in a hurry she'll ask me to look up Web sites.
The note 2 and S3 might look a like, but the note 2 had better processor and screen.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 has really good battery life, and the battery is removable (I don't believe the Razr's is). I've never managed to kill my Note 2's battery in a single day. Not even close. I'm currently at 79% after 12.5 hours of use including an hour of screen time. But I bought a spare battery just in case.

The S3 is similar to the Note 2 but with higher screen resolution, a dimmer display, more curved hardware, less battery life (in my experience but still good and the battery is removeable), less ample cell reception compared to the Note 2 (again in my experience), fewer photo options (for example, no low light option for the S3 although this could be updated), smaller screen (which means smaller buttons for texting) and no S Pen. You'll have more case options with the S3, and you'll get fewer annoying comments about the outlandish size of your phone. Some strangers also have an adverse reaction my use of the S Pen.

sent from my Note II

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Curious, how so?

They look at me like I'm an a-hole. I don't know how else to phrase it.

But it's more the size that irks people. I can't go to a kids' party and photograph my kids without somebody commenting on the size of my phone. It happens every time. "Why is your phone so big?" Of course, these are primarily, if not exclusively, iphone owners. One assumed that my big phone must be a budget device.

I'm surprised there aren't more posts on strangers' hostility towards the Note 2. It's a near constant thing for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
They look at me like I'm an a-hole. I don't know how else to phrase it.

But it's more the size that irks people. I can't go to a kids' party and photograph my kids without somebody commenting on the size of my phone. It happens every time. "Why is your phone so big?" Of course, these are primarily, if not exclusively, iphone owners. One assumed that my big phone must be a budget device.

I'm surprised there aren't more posts on strangers' hostility towards the Note 2. It's a near constant thing for me.

I knew going in that it's a huge phone and would be a talking point. The only adverse reactions I've had are from women who (understandably) say that they couldn't carry it around. Most of the comments about the size I've gotten particularly from IPhone users about "Why is your phone so big?" haven't had much of a reply when I asked "Why is your phone so small?". Those that I've gotten into a discussion about it with I showed them the difference in something as simple as web browsing, while they're two finger zooming to read every single paragraph, I pull up an article on my Note II and they usually are very impressed by the clarity and speed the Note II provides.

I do get a lot of comments on it and maybe you're right in the way they perceive it, I'm just the type that could care less. People will get the size phone they're comfortable with and as a tall guy with the wardrobe and hand size to accommodate a larger screen the note II is a blessing. I can't wait for the Note 3, 6.3 " sounds great to me. :)

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I knew going in that it's a huge phone and would be a talking point. The only adverse reactions I've had are from women who (understandably) say that they couldn't carry it around. Most of the comments about the size I've gotten particularly from IPhone users about "Why is your phone so big?" haven't had much of a reply when I asked "Why is your phone so small?". Those that I've gotten into a discussion about it with I showed them the difference in something as simple as web browsing, while they're two finger zooming to read every single paragraph, I pull up an article on my Note II and they usually are very impressed by the clarity and speed the Note II provides.

I do get a lot of comments on it and maybe you're right in the way they perceive it, I'm just the type that could care less. People will get the size phone they're comfortable with and as a tall guy with the wardrobe and hand size to accommodate a larger screen the note II is a blessing. I can't wait for the Note 3, 6.3 " sounds great to me. :)

Yes, I agree. If you want to fit in, get an iphone. Still, the constant barrage of comments from the ignorant are annoying. They treat me as a deviant, as if I'm dressing like the gimp on weekends and have been caught riding sheep out in the field. I guess that's the burbs for you. Conform or be cast out.

Frankly, I think 6.3" may be too much. I hope that rumor isn't true. At that size, I fear it may no longer fit in my front pocket. I would have to downsize to the S IV which would be a darn shame.

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the 6.3 will in large part have to do with being slightly wider and having on screen back, home, and settings buttons like the Nexus 7.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance