Who wants a Chrome OS tablet?

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that called an android tablet?

Kidding aside, this probably won't work. What is the point of having a desktop interface on a tablet if there is no mouse and keyboard. Chrome OS is meant to be used with a mouse, not a finger.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Kidding aside, this probably won't work. What is the point of having a desktop interface on a tablet if there is no mouse and keyboard. Chrome OS is meant to be used with a mouse, not a finger.

..then why does the Chromebook Pixel have a touch screen? ;)

nube_android

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I was assuming they modify COS and make it touch optimized......

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
To add something to make it seem like it is worth 13 hundred dollars.

I have a C7 chromebook and there is no need for a touchscreen right now.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
..then why does the Chromebook Pixel have a touch screen? ;)

The touch screen on the Pixel isn't meant to be the primary form of navigation. It's meant to be used in places where it's more convenient, like on Maps or when playing certain games (Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Flow come to mind).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The touch screen on the Pixel isn't meant to be the primary form of navigation. It's meant to be used in places where it's more convenient, like on Maps or when playing certain games (Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Flow come to mind).

If merged - ChromeOS = Windows 7, Android = Windows 8 (don't call it Metro touch interface). ;)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If merged - ChromeOS = Windows 7, Android = Windows 8 (don't call it Metro touch interface). ;)

Fairly accurate analogy. Chrome OS reminds me of Ubuntu Touch as well as the direction that Google seems to be heading with 4.2+ and Google Now. I think Android 4.2+ looks great on phones, but I feel the tablet UI needs... something. I'd like to try out Chrome OS on a tablet, but I'd want it to run Android applications and have more local-based functionality rather than being entirely web-focused.

TL;DR: Android tablet UI reminiscent of Chrome OS?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1