What kind of headphones do you use?

wafa510

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You probably haven't heard better headphones? Why would people pay hundreds of dollars for headphones if a $12 pair sounds the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I have used what people would consider to be a lot better headphones, but to my ear, believe it or not, I always go back to the Marshmallows. They just sound better in all my devices than the others. But that is my experience. Everyone has their own.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have used what people would consider to be a lot better headphones, but to my ear, believe it or not, I always go back to the Marshmallows. They just sound better in all my devices than the others. But that is my experience. Everyone has their own.

Marshmallows are very comfy, they sound decent, but can't hold a candle to something like the paradigm in ears I posted earlier. I have a pair of jvcs to work out with

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My JVC Carbon nano tube headphones were well worth the $54

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365947143291.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365947143291.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 27
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I need help with choosing earphones... I wouldn't want to spend much more than $80, and just want them for casual listening. It doesn't need to have over-pronounced bass, but a well-rounded combination of bass, treble, and mids would be nice. Aesthetics ARE important, but not priority. Also, I have a thing for white headphones. I just like the color.

My noontecs are white and I love them....detachable cord too!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So if I got this straight.
Beats were made by the founder of Monster Cables.
His son started Sol Republic (The ones Michael Phelps wears)
Father left and started his own headphone line called Monster headphones.
I think that is correct.?

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So if I got this straight.
Beats were made by the founder of Monster Cables.
His son started Sol Republic (The ones Michael Phelps wears)
Father left and started his own headphone line called Monster headphones.
I think that is correct.?

Pretty much, the father wanted a line of his own so monster started making headphones that were better than beats.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The m100s are some of the best you can get period. Just got a pair and I loooooove them to death

How large/bulky are they when worn on your head?
I've heard great things about them although I haven't seen anyone post about using them with a galaxy nexus so I'm sure if the nexus is adequate enough to drive them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
How large/bulky are they when worn on your head?
I've heard great things about them although I haven't seen anyone post about using them with a galaxy nexus so I'm sure if the nexus is adequate enough to drive them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The nexus is able to drive them don't worry about that haha. They aren't huge but they aren't compact like on ears. They are definitely over ear headphones but not bulky. More like a compact full sized headphone is the best way to describe it.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
A cheap pair of Motorola headphones. I think they cost me five dollars, but they're the most comfortable I've run into.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Bose earbuds that I've had for about 5 years... there going strong. I have the model with the mic and they GREAT

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

eric0531

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For portable listening I've mostly been using Logitech UE4000 on ear headphones. They're super comfortable and have a warm sound signature that does not get fatiguing. They can be had for $50 on Amazon right now, which is a steal. On an airplane or other really noisy places I'll use Monster Turbine in-ears with comply tips.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 pairs of earbuds that I use for different things. The first are the stock earbuds that came with my HTC One. They are the best bundled headphones I have ever heard and I use them to listen to music regularly. Next I have a cheap pair of earbuds themed after the Lannister coat of arms from Game of Thrones. I use these when I need to hear what is going on around me as both my other sets of buds block out most noise, so aren't ideal when I need to be multitasking. Finally I have a set of Rocketfish active noise canceling earbuds. They were $35.00 and do a pretty good job canceling out noise. I mostly use these in situations where I specifically want noise cancelling because, although they do sound better than they should for $35, they do not sound as good as the HTC earbuds (other than for spoken word, where they actually sound better).

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have some Denon AH-C551 that I've been using for the past few years. I don't use them a lot, but they sound good to me.

I did use some Klipsch S4's for one vacation we went on. I forgot my Denon's and had to buy them in the Chicago airport before an 8 hour flight. I haven't actually compared them back to back, but I don't remember them being terribly different. My wife uses the Klipsch's now.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Stere...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3121526

The link above is to the newest version of the bludio type R with nfc capabilities...
They run a little more ...

Bludio type R for my everyday use .. these things are only $89-$100. They sound every bit as good as beats studios but the Bluetooth on em is amazing!!! I can go about 2 weeks without charging them... I love working out without any wires all over me...
I also warm up on the basketball court with my gym bag at one end of the court holding my phone and I can go to the other end of the court listening to music, answer a call, make a call... Man I love these headphones!!!

Here is a video I found on them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fpTSj6FbuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Chanlion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Good pair of Sony ZX whites. (Headphones) Sound quality is a solid "good." And pretty durable, I throw em on the ground a such and they haven't broke apart.
Longest 20$ has ever lasted me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63