Acer Iconia B1

eimlah

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Cracks have appeared on the screen of my Acer Iconia B1! I did not drop it or anything. I was using it on and off while watching tv and picked it up at adverts and it was all cracked. The screen feels smooth so the crack is underneath. Has this happened to anyone else?

KiddyD72

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me too - the tablet is 2 months old and has been kept in a padded cover. We always keep it on our tv unit to charge and it had a large crack across the screen when I picked it up the morning this week - I presumed it had been knocked off and contacted Acer. They want me to pay ?55.15 for courier collection and assessment - no idea on final cost of repair. This is extortion, a new tablet is ?89. The tablet is not fit for purpose - it has been looked after, kept in a case and not dropped or treated incorrectly. I read the reviews before my son bought this product and was not offered any product cover when we purchased it to cover the screen. I would love to know if any others have experienced similar problems - it has been suggested heat from over charging can cause the screen to crack? Apart from the crack on outer screen in working order. Did you manage to resolve your problem?