Why is this website so divided now?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
When I first signed up for this site I was happy to have latest android news anytime, and to see passionate ppl like me who knew android was as great a os also compared to apple and wasn't afraid to go head to head with die hard apple fans... But now all I see is android bashing android although it's sometimes very amusing but why our we divided now?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

blankwall

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I feel because back in the day (aka 2-3 years ago) there was maybe 2 or 3 competitive phones that were considered good. Now there are hundreds and everyone has their own preferences and wants theres to be the best. I think you can also attribute this to ego.

Sir1

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Amen to that!
... and it is a damned shame.
Every relevant discussion degenerates to a Samsung - HTC flamewar in no time.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not saying htc and Samsung are bad, I just wish people would wake up and see there are other great phones out there too. I love android as a whole, I'm not biased by manufacturer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel because back in the day (aka 2-3 years ago) there was maybe 2 or 3 competitive phones that were considered good. Now there are hundreds and everyone has their own preferences and wants theres to be the best. I think you can also attribute this to ego.

Yea that's true I'm a Samsung guy only because HTC Evo 3d was so buggy and would over heat it drove me to apple until night b4 my purchase I found the galaxy s2 save my life

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Programmed to hate the competition.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's true. Coming from Blackberry, for better or worse there was more of a community.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Happens every wave of competition. It will die down after phones are out to the masses and everyone remembers deep down they could care less about anyone else...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's the inner competition among Android OEMs that makes Android better as a whole IMO.

I like pairing Samsung against HTC or LG, etc. It makes great discussion and brings out opinions and ideas that makes the next wave of devices better in most cases.

The bashing and negative opinions is just a part of the product and we just have to take it with a grain of salt and move on.