HTC One or S4?

Dirtjunkie21

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello and thank you in advance, I have an HTC Inspire, I love the phone but the battery SUCKS, I cant even get a full day out of it even when not using it. Went fishing yesterday and my boat doesnt have a lighter so no way of charging it. Anyway, did not use at all other than 2 text from my daughter. By the time we left at 4 the yellow low battery was on. I love this phone but when using even moderately I am lucky to get 5 hours out of it, it is to the point I usually have to leave home at 100% then by noon charging again. But my question is, is the Galaxy S4 battery going to be any better? My duaghter has the S3 and she likes hers but she works inside and charging is no problem, would I be better off with the One or the S4, at this point I am willing to sacrifice a few frills for a decent battery. What good is the most tricked out phone if it is dead?

Thank you

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of these discussions on each of their respective sections. You can do a lot more research there.

Here is my take fwiw, the HTC has a smaller battery and has some features that seem to be battery intensive. The gs4 has a bigger battery to start with. Depending on who your carrier is, there may be some other options. If you are with VZ then I would look at the Razr Maxx HD. You won't find better battery life. I have the Note 2 and it runs a close second to the RMHD. I had it too. The Note 2 can be found on almost all carriers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Get the HTC One. Don't support Samsung charging consumers ridiculous prices for cheap looking plastic phones with crappy pentile displays and horrible call quality.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just preordered a sim unlocked One, but not because any of the reasons you stated. Samsung does a fine job of making phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lyeileen

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
There are plenty of these discussions on each of their respective sections. You can do a lot more research there.

Here is my take fwiw, the HTC has a smaller battery and has some features that seem to be battery intensive. The gs4 has a bigger battery to start with. Depending on who your carrier is, there may be some other options. If you are with VZ then I would look at the Razr Maxx HD. You won't find better battery life. I have the Note 2 and it runs a close second to the RMHD. I had it too. The Note 2 can be found on almost all carriers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

The battery life of Note II is longer than S4's, Note II is 3100 mah, but S4 is 2800 mah

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If battery is your biggest concern then the GS4 as a slightly larger battery. If you want quality though then the HTC One.

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I already pre ordered the HTC One. They will both be good phones so it doesn't really matter what you choose.

There are only minor difference between them. The only major hardware differences are the cameras and build materials and whichever one is better is very subjective. If I were you I would go with whichever your first instinct was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci