What would you do...GS3, GS4, Note 2?

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a Thunderbolt from about 2 years ago when I renewed and locked in an unlimited data contract. I was having data connection problems and Vz exchanged my Thunderbolt for a Droid Razr in December 2012. 3 months into my Razr experience and I've changed jobs and moved. I'm not always within reach of an AC or car charger and using the phone a lot more just to find my way around town. I've come to HATE this Razr as the battery life is horrible. Nevermind that it lags and crashes on me constantly. I want something better. My contract is up for renewal but given that I am not on Wifi during work hours anymore, and living in a new city where I am using GMaps more and streaming audio/video (MLB at bat, for example) more often, I am not going to get a new contract for a discounted phone as it's cheaper for me to pay cash for a phone and keep unlimited data than taking a phone discount and having to pay more for my now increased data usage (used to be ~2gb/month, now 5-10gb/month).

I've complained to Vz about being forced into a phone with a small, non-removable battery and they have offered me a refurbed GS3 for $420. If you were in my position, would you buy the refurbed GS3 from Vz, buy a new Note 2 at retail prices or wait for the GS4 and pay whatever the retail price is whenever it comes out?

lyeileen

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Compare GS3 with GS4, I will buy S3, because s3 is cheap, and has the most features those S4 has. Between S4 and Note 2, i think it is hard to choose, may be S4, it has some new features.

- - - Updated - - -

Compare GS3 with GS4, I will buy S3, because s3 is cheap, and has the most features those S4 has. Between S4 and Note 2, i think it is hard to choose, may be S4, it has some new features.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a Thunderbolt from about 2 years ago when I renewed and locked in an unlimited data contract. I was having data connection problems and Vz exchanged my Thunderbolt for a Droid Razr in December 2012. 3 months into my Razr experience and I've changed jobs and moved. I'm not always within reach of an AC or car charger and using the phone a lot more just to find my way around town. I've come to HATE this Razr as the battery life is horrible. Nevermind that it lags and crashes on me constantly. I want something better. My contract is up for renewal but given that I am not on Wifi during work hours anymore, and living in a new city where I am using GMaps more and streaming audio/video (MLB at bat, for example) more often, I am not going to get a new contract for a discounted phone as it's cheaper for me to pay cash for a phone and keep unlimited data than taking a phone discount and having to pay more for my now increased data usage (used to be ~2gb/month, now 5-10gb/month).

I've complained to Vz about being forced into a phone with a small, non-removable battery and they have offered me a refurbed GS3 for $420. If you were in my position, would you buy the refurbed GS3 from Vz, buy a new Note 2 at retail prices or wait for the GS4 and pay whatever the retail price is whenever it comes out?

I would go with the S4.

You'll get more usage out of it and you'll be buying at retail so it's more than worth it.

Root it, activate the Hotspot, Tether all you want and you're good for at least 2 years.

If I don't buy a phone the day it is released I just don't buy it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but I ordered the S3. I NEED something asap and can't wait for the S4. The S4 specs seem like things I can live without for a few months. I will probably sell the S3 once S4's are available w/extended battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463