How do i root my device?

Yonathan Bar Shalom

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Before i begin i am a new user here so if this is in the wrong fourm please move it.
Hello,
I am a 2 year android user and i have never tried rooting and i would like to know if there is a way to root my device the LG L9 p768f Android verison 4.0.4
Questions:
*when i root do i have to install a custom rom ? Becuase i have no problem with the default one .
*Are there any dangerous to rooting ? if so what are they.
*How will rooting affect my phone ? will it delete anything? Does it matter that i have a custom language on my phone?

The only reason i want to root is so that i can use DirectoryBind.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

First I'm not familar with that particular model but maybe someone else that comes along and see's this can help.

Next, depending on how root is achieved on that device it may or may not require the use of a custom ROM to be flashed over the stock. If this is true then your device would be wiped in the process.

Dangers to rooting, if you research and follow instructions before moving forward then rooting can be a safe and rewarding experience. Although if you take risks and don't stop and ask when you get into a bad situation you can imagine the possible outcome which would be worst case scenario a HARD BRICK. Most of the time a hard brick is avoidable if you take your time and read.

Good luck.