Best Phone? Opinions

sjrobinson

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So I bought a droid 2 to get myself introduced to android. I didnt really like the phone itself because of multiple flaws but I managed to root and unlock it with some help. I do like the android os and what I can do with it. I'm about to choose a new GSM phone and would like an android. Ive played around with my wifes mytouch and am looking at a HTC Inspire 4g. I have some criteria though:

Cost: less than $180 (can be refurbished)
4G Capable
Relatively large screen
Touchscreen
GSM, no contract (I can unlock it myself if need be)

I'm looking for something I can root, but I'm concerned about security as I also want to be able to safely have email accounts and other things without the risk of it being hacked. Thats my only concern with rooting an android.

Also, I like to keep up to date on operating systems. Its why i like Mac OS and how iphones are able to update their systems. For the most part the system updates are painless and useful. What about androids?

Thanks

diabloking

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a droid 2 to get myself introduced to android. I didnt really like the phone itself because of multiple flaws but I managed to root and unlock it with some help. I do like the android os and what I can do with it. I'm about to choose a new GSM phone and would like an android. Ive played around with my wifes mytouch and am looking at a HTC Inspire 4g. I have some criteria though:

Cost: less than $180 (can be refurbished)
4G Capable
Relatively large screen
Touchscreen
GSM, no contract (I can unlock it myself if need be)

I'm looking for something I can root, but I'm concerned about security as I also want to be able to safely have email accounts and other things without the risk of it being hacked. Thats my only concern with rooting an android.

Also, I like to keep up to date on operating systems. Its why i like Mac OS and how iphones are able to update their systems. For the most part the system updates are painless and useful. What about androids?

Thanks

Id look for a Galaxy Nexus GSM if you want to be on the latest android and wanna be able to root / unlock easily. I'd look around you might be able to find them in your price range since the Nexus 4 came out.

sjrobinson

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Ill look into that. Thanks.

Im also eyeballing the htc one. I can find a few in my budget and they have great reviews but Im not sure about it. Ill take a look at the nexus.