Before it took over smartphones, Android was originally destined for cameras

"We thought it would be good if we could build a camera platform with third-party apps," Rubin said. Ultimately though, even before Apple's iPhone had launched to consumers, the mobile trend became clear. "We decided digital cameras wasn't actually a big enough market," said Android's former leader. "I was worried about Microsoft and I was worried about Symbian," Rubin revealed. "I wasn't worried about iPhone yet."
    stalemate1 likes this.
    04-16-2013 11:52 AM
    gee I would never have guessed but I'm sure all of Androids success is because of Google. all that happens is Google purchases it and then invests billions in it with all the top technicians.

good read, thanks
    04-16-2013 04:41 PM
    Blasphemy!

So I guess instead of the Galaxy Camera being an interesting application for Android, all Android smartphones are side applications for Android? Lol
    04-16-2013 06:17 PM
    The Galaxy Camera was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.
    04-16-2013 07:34 PM
    What if the cameras were laggy and slow.
    Imagine it. Waiting a few second seconds for a photo to capture.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    04-23-2013 08:20 AM
    Not to mention Android is open source and FREE. No licensing fees required. The entire business model based on advertising is revolutionary.

Here is another thought. Remember wayyyy back in 2006 when Google paid $1.65 billion for YouTube and everybody thought they were crazy? Look how far and fast we have come in around six years. It blows my mind.
    04-23-2013 11:20 AM
    Not to mention Android is open source and FREE. No licensing fees required. The entire business model based on advertising is revolutionary.

Here is another thought. Remember wayyyy back in 2006 when Google paid $1.65 billion for YouTube and everybody thought they were crazy? Look how far and fast we have come in around six years. It blows my mind.
    Yet everyone but Motorola and Huawei pay Microsoft for using Android.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    04-24-2013 09:27 PM