Geeky Girl wanting to learn how to build Android Apps

SWD

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So, basically I want to learn how to create android applications. Why you say? Especially Why would a girl want to learn how to build android applications....there is an app for everything these days!

To be short I am in the creative and design field and I want to learn to broaden my horizons. I am proficient in HTML/CSS and I understand the fundamentals of Java. I downloaded ellipse and used google's version of how to get started. Well, it is not user friendly and the step by step directions make you have to read twice and research for extended periods of time. I was able to do the hello world after the third attempt. Apparently the directions were not as "Clear" as they should be.

Any suggestions on websites, tutorials etc....(I stray away from books cause they tend to be too dumbed down).

My goal is to be able to create an application for my website.

So Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum....annunciate your advice! "teehee" (Sorry was hearing a Robin Williams standup clip)

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well first, you can download the Android SDK/ADT Bundle for your computer.
It do sent teach you anything, just the building grounds too create apps. Can teach you little things though.
In theory, this app is quite mandatory.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I recommend you visit Xda forums they tend to be a bit more technical.

Also I've read Google tutorials and I agree they are not easy to read and understand but they are essential. Follow their directions and you will not only have a working cross compiler but lots of example code.