iphone gps almost got me killed!

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
My android battery was dead and me and my gf were driving back from the city 2 hours away, so decided to use her iphone gps. holy crap.

biggest issues, it would work, but when it was time to take a turn, it would just freeze then recalculate or the app would crash :|

we tried the apps, waze, navigon and even google maps for ios, and they all warranted the same problem :( i almost crashed trying to figure out where to go!

but yeah, android gps ftw....but either way i think its time i get a full fledged gps system.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
My android battery was dead and me and my gf were driving back from the city 2 hours away, so decided to use her iphone gps. holy crap.

biggest issues, it would work, but when it was time to take a turn, it would just freeze then recalculate or the app would crash :|

we tried the apps, waze, navigon and even google maps for ios, and they all warranted the same problem :( i almost crashed trying to figure out where to go!

but yeah, android gps ftw....but either way i think its time i get a full fledged gps system.
If none of those apps worked for you of which I am familiar with them all, It might be a wise choice for a stand alone GPS.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have used my phone to navigate to a few places and it worked ok, but doesn't compare to my Garmin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I learned that on android the best gps is the one built in. At least on my gs3. I used mapquest and the thing got me lost. Kept saying recalculating, and wouldn't say when to turn until last minute.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

morridoom

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
It is never a good idea to conduct other activities that may divert your attention and concentration from driving. One must impose self-restraint and park aside to safely fiddle with their devices to avoid getting into potential accidents.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Invest in a car charger for your Android so that next time you won't run out of battery juice. Also by yourself a backup, in this case a real map if you need directions back home again.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

If multiple GPS apps are failing that would point to a potential GPS hardware issue on your iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34