Have you noticed hair salons interfere with the internet data signal on phones? Why is that?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this over the last several years, with multiple Android devices. I've noticed it when I get a haircut, but also there is a salon next door to my office, and it interferes with my signal there too even from within my office. I hate it. I've got a Verizon Galaxy Note 2, that has a very good radio in it, but yet I'll drop from 4G to 3G, then to 1x. Interestingly, I recently had my hair cut at a barber shop, and had no problems with my signal. Makes me wonder if it is all the hair dryers they use at salons, or if they tend to have dirty wifi routers that cause issues. I don't know.

I was curious if you've noticed the same thing (what you think may be causing it), and if there is something you've found that can help the problem. Yes, I could just avoid salons, but like I say- one of them is right next door to my office, and my office wifi has a firewall that blocks music streaming, etc.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The only thing in a salon that's not in a barber shop that I can think of would be these things.
Beauty%20Salon%20Hair%20Drying%20Chair%20black_md.jpg

Perhaps?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing in a salon that's not in a barber shop that I can think of would be these things.
http://www.allaboutprops.com/images...e/Beauty Salon Hair Drying Chair black_md.jpg

Perhaps?

Definitely a possibility, but barbershops also don't use hair dryers too much, whereas at a salon, you'll see half a dozen chicks at a time getting their hair blown. Also, many of these salons are chains that connect to a central database for their cash registers, contact management, etc. makes me wonder if they tend to buy the same equipment that emits some sort of dirty signal

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Never noticed it while sitting and waiting for my wife to get her hair done. I cant think of anything that would disrupt a cell signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums