Need Opinions

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am currently on the old Verizon single plan before they switched to the family share stuff. I'm paying about $85 a month for 1 phone.

For a while now I had been planning on getting my sister one of the two Android straighttalk phones that runs on Verizon. Verizon is seriously all that works in my area. Nothing, no Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile..... Nothing. This weekend Verizon has the razr m for free. Does anybody have this phone or have any experience with it to know if it's any good?

I've done the math and it would up my Verizon bill by about $58 a month but be free up front. If i went with straighttalk for her she would get unlimited everything but it would be $200 up front for the phone and $48 a month for service. It would be an extremely basic android phone because that's all that works with straighttalk on Verizon. I'm just curious if anybody has any opinions or input on this as well as the razr m.

Thanks

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am currently on the old Verizon single plan before they switched to the family share stuff. I'm paying about $85 a month for 1 phone.

For a while now I had been planning on getting my sister one of the two Android straighttalk phones that runs on Verizon. Verizon is seriously all that works in my area. Nothing, no Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile..... Nothing. This weekend Verizon has the razr m for free. Does anybody have this phone or have any experience with it to know if it's any good?

I've done the math and it would up my Verizon bill by about $58 a month but be free up front. If i went with straighttalk for her she would get unlimited everything but it would be $200 up front for the phone and $48 a month for service. It would be an extremely basic android phone because that's all that works with straighttalk on Verizon. I'm just curious if anybody has any opinions or input on this as well as the razr m.

Thanks

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

A lot of people are switching to prepaid for several reasons. Most of the phones don't have bloatware, or not as much as the mainstream ones do. Straight talk seems to be pretty popular among the prepaids. I honestly have no inclination to switch. I am with Sprint, have good coverage, and unlimited data....kinda hard to leave. ;)

But in your case of Verizon, you can upgrade and keep your current plan, you just have to pay for the device in full. You do have to be careful which phones you get, as not all phones will work on Verizon's network. However, for you, even if you purchase a new phone outright, and then switch your current plan to that one, yes, it is much more expensive up front, but in say 11 months, you have more than saved it. ($58 x 11=$638)

As for the Razr M, I know very little about the device. I would advise waiting, see what else comes Verizon's way. They will eventually get the S4 and the HTC One. I would also give Moto some more time to clear out any devices they have coming so that you can see what a Google influenced Moto phone will be like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech