thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is something I have always wondered. Does iOS or Android use more data?

I know it depends on a lot of factors and widgets and so on but straight up operating system to operating system does one use more data than the other?

Since December with my iPhone I always use WiFi when I have access. I have never gone over 200 mb in a month. If i use the same patten with my android phone and no widgets and so on will it be the same amount or more?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 4S and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. According to the My Verizon app, our data usage is almost the same. She keeps her 3G on pretty much all of the time, while I turn on 4G only when I need it. She uses her phone mostly for email and some browsing. I'd say that data usage will be about the same, although there's always the tendency to use more data with a faster connection (4G vs 3G) just because browsing becomes so much easier.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's such a hard question to ask and answer because there are so many factors.

Does Android use more data because it's android or does iOS user more because it's iOS?

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 4S and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. According to the My Verizon app, our data usage is almost the same. She keeps her 3G on pretty much all of the time, while I turn on 4G only when I need it. She uses her phone mostly for email and some browsing. I'd say that data usage will be about the same, although there's always the tendency to use more data with a faster connection (4G vs 3G) just because browsing becomes so much easier.

I understand what you're saying. There are so many factors. Like today I burned through 22MB according to Verizon. I don't know if that's because I switched from my iPhone to my android phone or just because I used that much data

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Well from my experience I was using more data with my iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, than I am with my galaxy s3. And I use it just the same as I did with iPhone. When I first switched I used about 50mb because I was downloading apps away from home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well from my experience I was using more data with my iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, than I am with my galaxy s3. And I use it just the same as I did with iPhone. When I first switched I used about 50mb because I was downloading apps away from home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I noticed on my bill today ever since switching to a family share plan I have random spikes where it shows me using 15-20mb at once

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech