Google Nexus Phones--Can I put the latest and greatest to a phone like Galaxy S4?

mindstormer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be my first Android phone. I know that the perk of Google Nexus phones is that the latest updates as soon as it kicks in. For other manufacturers/carriers, updates can take place months after--and the updates are tweaked from the updates Google intended. Can I get essentially make my Samsung Galaxy S4 a Google Nexus phone in the sense that I don't get any of the bloatware and get just pure Android (something I'm assuming everyone wants over their carrier/manufacturer's bloated OS) as soon as an update is available for Google Nexus phones? Will I be sacrificing features of the S4 if I get the pure Android (thinks like Air View, etc.)?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm going to get the AT&T version since it's the only one with 32GB. Is it cost-efficient to buy the phone upfront and then pay monthly as I use it (contract-free) or get it with contract (my family has a family plan)?

Thanks!!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I read that there's gonna be an S4 version with the "Nexus Android Experience" so that means vanilla Android. Just wait for that to come out. :p

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
If you want the stock android experience, I recommend that you buy the Galaxy S4 running stock android straight from the Google Play Store.

Posted via Android Central App

mindstormer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, 32gb is a big deal for me. I already read that article and it seems they will only offer it for 16gb devices. Anyway, I really want to get the phone today--should I get it as part of the family plan with contract or contract-free and pay monthly? I would check the numbers but I would need my dad's account for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463