Voice Recognition to Play Music Not Working

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I understand I am supposed to be able to use voice recognition to play music on my Maxx HD. Tapping on the Google Search microphone and saying "Listen to <song title>" is supposed to automatically start playing the song using the stock music app (Google Music Player). However, every time I try this I end up with web search results.

I've tried "Listen to <song title> by <song artist>" but that sometimes gets me web search results and sometimes gets me YouTube search results.

I have updated the Google Search app.

How can I get my Maxx HD to play music by voice recognition?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
do you have google now installed? i tell the now widget.............goggle play Stephen stills album and it will say playing request and bring up the music player and start playing a song on the album.
you could just talk to search

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
do you have google now installed? i tell the now widget.............goggle play Stephen stills album and it will say playing request and bring up the music player and start playing a song on the album.
you could just talk to search

Yes, I have Google Now installed. Just tried it now and I got web search results.

My wife and son both have Maxx HD's. Trying the "Listen To" <song title> command on their phones was successful--on the first attempt. Subsequent attempts yielded web search results.

Very strange.

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OK, I've done some extensive testing but I don't have any clarity.

Sometimes I get web search results, sometimes after saying "play <song title>" Google will audibly respond "playing request", the music player will open but I get the message "No Results Found", and sometimes the song will load and play. At first I thought there must be some file property that was causing one song to play but not another. But I'm not sure. For example, songs from the same album give different results--one will play while the other will give Web search results. With the music player open if I enter the text of the song name in the search window it will always find the song and play it but if I use voice search for that same song name it may or may not play it. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Maddening.

There seems to be no difference between saying "Play <song title>" or saying "Listen to <song title>". Neither is there any advantage to saying "Play <song title>" by "<artist name>".

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using voice recognition search for music quite a bit lately and my phone seems to be learning. That is, I'm having greater and greater success playing music tracks by voice search.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance