I love Apple keynotes..

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
So.........because there's an assumption that we mutually hate the competitors, we're all gonna sing kumbaya?

Uh.....................no

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I will stick to Play Music as well too but there is one thing the iTunes radio has over it, and that is price! The paid version of Play Music (with discount) is I think $7 a month which = $84 a year. The paid version of iTunes radio is $25 a year! In no way would this make me switch but you have to admit that is a great price.

And for the increase in cost you get an entirely different experience. iRadio seems like a Pandora clone, which is far less feature packed than All Access and Spotify.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be waiting for your apology.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

You might be waiting for an unneeded apology from another user, but I am still waiting for one from you or even a reply to post #28 which clearly was ignored. I think you just like being contrary sometimes. Scjrqrqcnbq19qoyctdl isn't confused at all. Though that sure is a long username. LOL

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so we all agree now that Apple didn't invent any end user products, but instead that they did invent technologies that they used in their refinements of existing technologies when making their consumer products? I think from a hardware standpoint we can say the same thing about Google (easy enough, they're not a hardware company).

From a software look/feel aspect, the story of who got their design cues from whom is probably extremely messy, without the designers flat out saying it, might be purely speculative and has a high probability of everyone being wrong.

In terms of features, perhaps the goal from our standpoint should be the most efficient use of our time/energy to get maximum benefit from devices... more or less regardless of how that happens, be it magic, patents, whatever. How much does it really matter who invented swipe to unlock as long as it works on your device and you don't have to think about, "how do I do this?"

May 24, 2013
Visit site
After a few months of intense civil war among android users, I am glad we can finally reunite in our bashing of apple and iOS7. Samsung vs HTC got a little intense there for a while. The forums were littered with GS4 vs HTC One threads. I will enjoy the next few days talking smack about how literally everything that iOS7 added today was very Android-ish

*reads thread so far* oh how wrong you were good sir. oh how wrong you were.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So.........because there's an assumption that we mutually hate the competitors, we're all gonna sing kumbaya?

Uh.....................no

Duh. It's part of the Google sign-in process when you activate an Android phone. Must. Hate. Apple.

Hate for hates sake.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So, now you are claiming that Apple did in fact invent the mp3 player?????????

What else am I to conclude from this?

Can you actually read? You said he didn't say anything about mp3 players, which was patently false. What I said was that apple invented technologies that made those products better and helped to popularize them, but that they weren't the first to come up with the end product. Come on man, you're looking a little foolish.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you actually read? You said he didn't say anything about mp3 players, which was patently false. What I said was that apple invented technologies that made those products better and helped to popularize them, but that they weren't the first to come up with the end product. Come on man, you're looking a little foolish.

Wow. I give up. You obviously are out of your mind, but you say I look foolish.

Insert FACEPALM graphic here.

Instead of you just saying, "yeah I was wrong" I guess you hope you can just keep blustering and pretend that what has been said is the opposite of what was actually said and eventually know one will remember. And you have the balz to call me foolish, accuse me of not being able to read, etc.

You said he was WRONG when he said they didn't invent it the mp3 but only improved and popularzied it. He was clearly right. It is not important in the least in the scheme of things but man, you are really a piece of work.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
They haven't invented all the things people largely credit them with though, which was my point. First touchscreen phone? Nope. First graphical interface on a computer? Nope. First mp3 player? Nope. First tablet? Nope. Their knack has been to take what others have created and then refine it a bit and market it better. When it comes to hardware they are often quick to adopt new technologies, but strangely when it comes to software they are often slow. Good examples of this are the cumbersome access to device radios that iOS 7 finally corrects, and the tabbed finder window in the new version of OSX, that it should have had long ago.

Ahh see you're mistaken. You are only looking at the complete product. Almost everything you listed had dozens of apple inventions within them, without which the product would not be possible.

Also, apple itself never actually takes credit for inventing everything you listed. People credit them for it out of their own ignorance.

Again, here are the quotes, to refresh your memory.

See the part where he says they didn't invent the mp3 player? See where you say he is mistaken?

What is it that he was mistaken about?

Or is it time to say you were wrong and move on?

And about that apology - I think you owe a few.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

After reading a lot of your comments, it's obvious you're a fan of Apple. What confuses me is why you're on an Android site arguing with fans of Android products. I can appreciate Apple and what they've done for the industry over the years, but I don't hang out on Apple forums and argue with Apple fans as to why their taste differs from mine.
It's just a bit odd I think. :confused:

tap'n

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
After reading a lot of your comments, it's obvious you're a fan of Apple. What confuses me is why you're on an Android site arguing with fans of Android products. I can appreciate Apple and what they've done for the industry over the years, but I don't hang out on Apple forums and argue with Apple fans as to why their taste differs from mine.
It's just a bit odd I think. :confused:

tap'n

You'll learn to tune it out eventually.

Posted via Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you actually read?

Can you? It's rather ironic to be asking another person if they can read, when you yourself gloss over and avoid direct questions being asked of you. You are having a conversation about what I said, but yet will not respond directly to the person that said it. Strange.

See the part where he says they didn't invent the mp3 player? See where you say he is mistaken?

Still waiting for that answer myself!!! LOL I noticed this in another thread with JHBThree....even when someone agrees and is saying the same thing, somehow you are still wrong. I don't get it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you are having issues with a certain user, please use the report post button or "ignore user" function rather than responding and helping to further derail the thread. Thank you.

Jennifer
Forums Moderator

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I give up. You obviously are out of your mind, but you say I look foolish.

Insert FACEPALM graphic here.

Instead of you just saying, "yeah I was wrong" I guess you hope you can just keep blustering and pretend that what has been said is the opposite of what was actually said and eventually know one will remember. And you have the balz to call me foolish, accuse me of not being able to read, etc.

You said he was WRONG when he said they didn't invent it the mp3 but only improved and popularzied it. He was clearly right. It is not important in the least in the scheme of things but man, you are really a piece of work.

I did not say he was wrong. As a matter of fact I said he was right, but that they invented specific elements of the iPod that made it successful. I'm sorry that reading posts is that difficult for you.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you? It's rather ironic to be asking another person if they can read, when you yourself gloss over and avoid direct questions being asked of you. You are having a conversation about what I said, but yet will not respond directly to the person that said it. Strange.

Still waiting for that answer myself!!! LOL I noticed this in another thread with JHBThree....even when someone agrees and is saying the same thing, somehow you are still wrong. I don't get it.

Because it was already responded to.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Or is it time to say you were wrong and move on?

And about that apology - I think you owe a few.

Read the next part in my statement. I said he was mistaken because he was looking at the entire product (in this case the iPod) instead of the parts contained within it. Since we are discussing mp3 players and apple, there is only one mp3 player to discuss: the iPod. Then, I said that although they didn't invent the product (iPod), they did invent many of the components within it. So yes, he was mistaken. As are you.

Still waiting for that apology from you, btw, since you were actually, you know, WRONG.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Read the next part in my statement. I said he was mistaken because he was looking at the entire product (in this case the iPod) instead of the parts contained within it. Since we are discussing mp3 players and apple, there is only one mp3 player to discuss: the iPod. Then, I said that although they didn't invent the product (iPod), they did invent many of the components within it. So yes, he was mistaken. As are you.

Still waiting for that apology from you, btw, since you were actually, you know, WRONG.

You like to claim others are mistaken and wrong don't you?

Funny, now you claim that you agreed with GadgetGator by saying he was mistaken. I don't think he thought you were agreeing with him either.

He said they didn't invent several classes of products. One of which was the mp3 player. He wasn't discussing the iPod, he didn't refer to the iPod. He meant mp3 players in general.

Here is what you said:

"Ahh see you're mistaken. You are only looking at the complete product. Almost everything you listed had dozens of apple inventions within them, without which the product would not be possible."

So, the only way to read this is that the things he listed - none of which apple invented - had dozens of apple inventions within them without which the product (mp3 players in general) would not be possible.

If you meant something else I gave you plenty of opportunity to back track and clarify. In fact, I asked for clarification several times. That is when you went off on click wheels and attacking other's reading comprehension.

Seems to me that you are very careless in what you write and then attack others for not being able to decipher your mish mash of ideas.

Now where did they say that ignore option was?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance