iOS 7...thoughts?

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the design is beautiful, and the attention to detail great. However, nothing feature wise surprised me because it seems like nothing that was presented was brand new. Android has had those features in some form or another.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the design is beautiful, and the attention to detail great. However, nothing feature wise surprised me because it was all taken from some form from Android.

None of what was announced today was taken from android. It all existed before either android or iOS were even a glimmer in their respective creators' eyes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought it looked pretty awesome! Add widget support, and a 4.7 inch screen and I would be all over it!

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7 looks good. IOS needed a lot of work. I used to own the iPhone 4 and 5 then I switched to android. I didn't like being locked in. I like the openness of android and android overall. Before everyone starts criticizing Apple and iOS 7 remember it's only in 1st beta right now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks goodbut I don't like the new icon colors too bright kind of girly

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks goodbut I don't like the new icon colors too bright kind of girly

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Kinda agree it had a girly feel,someone in my area on craigslist selling a 64gb sealed iPhone 5 for 750 running ios7 its his developer licensed one,not a bad deal for a apple fan being 64gb is like 849 unlocked from store,I wish when they release klp someone would pull that deal lol

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like apple "borrowed" from every platform including its jailbreaking scene. Some things look good some things are crappy looking but its still in beta. Still locked into apple ecosystem so pretty much useless for me since I want to keep my options opened and have the ability to easily switch to windows or something else that comes along

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I hope they dial back the colors a little and clean up the icons. It looks like a Fisher Price toy in some way IMO.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Looks like apple "borrowed" from every platform including its jailbreaking scene. Some things look good some things are crappy looking but its still in beta. Still locked into apple ecosystem so pretty much useless for me since I want to keep my options opened and have the ability to easily switch to windows or something else that comes along

FYI you are only "locked" if you let them lock you. There's nothing that prevents you from enjoying iOS, Windows, and Android all at the same time. I'm having a ball with all three.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ios7 looks great in design. I look forward to playing with it on my ipad. However it still doesn't do anything my note 2 doesn't do. I'm pretty sure there will be a ios7 icon pack on the play store and a launcher before they actually release the real ios 7 lol

Posted via Android Central App

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Ios7 looks great in design. I look forward to playing with it on my ipad. However it still doesn't do anything my note 2 doesn't do. I'm pretty sure there will be a ios7 icon pack on the play store and a launcher before they actually release the real ios 7 lol

Posted via Android Central App

I'll have to keep an eye for this these.

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's meh. The whole thing is rubbish. Just like everything else Apple have made. Everything introduced on IOS 7, Android already has it or can do it. "We now have multitasking..." Congratulations? My S2 can multitask. The whole interface looks like it was made for a toy phone- it looks bubbly and it is waaay too gordy. Have all of this on a lanky 3.5-4 inch screen and you've got trouble on your hands my friend. Knowing Apple, they'll produce phones like this for another six years or so with the EXACT same software, just changing the screen size every now and then and their iSheep will flock around to buy it. Call me biased- you know I've got a point.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I like that it addresses some long standing shortcomings, (number of items in folders, access to radios, multitasking for all apps) but it's still locked down too much and those colors and icons are just horrendous. I honestly do not know how the same person who comes up with all the elegant classy styles for hardware, can be the one responsible for the cotton candy preschool colors when it comes to software. The hardware might look professional, but the software, graphically, most certainly does not.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's meh. The whole thing is rubbish. Just like everything else Apple have made. Everything introduced on IOS 7, Android already has it or can do it. "We now have multitasking..." Congratulations? My S2 can multitask. The whole interface looks like it was made for a toy phone- it looks bubbly and it is waaay too gordy. Have all of this on a lanky 3.5-4 inch screen and you've got trouble on your hands my friend. Knowing Apple, they'll produce phones like this for another six years or so with the EXACT same software, just changing the screen size every now and then and their iSheep will flock around to buy it. Call me biased- you know I've got a point.

You don't really, because you don't even know what features they actually announced.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I think they did a pretty decent job. Looks clean. I think the reason maybe more features weren't introduced is because when Ives took over, he had only 9 months to get rid of all the garbage that Scott Forestall had put in with the green felt, wood bookcases, fake card shredders, fake leather calendars, etc . If you watch the little video of Ives talking about it, he said it was a Beginning.

I'll be interested to see where iOS 8 goes. Until then I'm still cool with my S4.

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
None of what was announced today was taken from android. It all existed before either android or iOS were even a glimmer in their respective creators' eyes.

As an iPhone user I think it was greatly inspired by Android. And that is a good thing. I really think Android is top notch, only I like the Apple ecosystem. So here I get a bit more functionality. Good stuff, and yes Apple was inspired by others and are taking flac for it, but such is the industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith