CWM Recovery v3.0.2.8 errors

azeem41

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Whenever I boot into clockworkmod recovery, it gives me this string of errors:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:unknown volume for path [/cache/recovery/command]

Idk what to do. Any advice? I have the Sidekick 4G and it boots into the stock rom just fine.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I did some searching and it could be related to a bad cwm install. Try installing the current kernel or install another. You will need to use Odin or Mobile Odin (play store) since you're current cwm is not flashing.

Let me know if that helps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

azeem41

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I did some searching and it could be related to a bad cwm install. Try installing the current kernel or install another. You will need to use Odin or Mobile Odin (play store) since you're current cwm is not flashing.

Let me know if that helps.

It didn't help. I still get the same error message as the one in my OP. :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It didn't help. I still get the same error message as the one in my OP. :(

You can also try redownloading the file and re installing it. The file may have been corrupted during the download. Also when flashing, use a different port, see if that helps as well.

azeem41

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you install another kernel?

You can also try redownloading the file and re installing it. The file may have been corrupted during the download. Also when flashing, use a different port, see if that helps as well.

Okay, I followed this guide: Noob Guide: How to - from stock phone to custom ROM: includes Bali/Voodoo Lagfix - xda-developers, but when the Sidekick 4G boot screen shows up, a woman in a robotic voice says "convert data partition; system's not available." What could I have done wrong?

azeem41

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you install another kernel?

I flashed the rom and now a robot lady says "mount data partition; system's not available" What did I do wrong?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to download a kernel specific to your device. I checked Xda and saw a few files you might be able to use. Look through the forum yourself and see if the appropriate kernel or cwm file is there. Make sure any files you try and install are specific to your device, otherwise you can brick the device.

forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1128

I'm not familiar with sidekick, so my help would be very limited.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek