Worrisome data about smartphone health risks

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Interesting article. Although I assume we get more radiation from our microwave than we do our cellphones, lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting.. Haven't seen any published studies yet...ill keep my eyes open on this topic...

Sent from my HTC via Tapatalk!

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting article. Although I assume we get more radiation from our microwave than we do our cellphones, lol.

Not so.

The reason your microwave door has all of those little dots on it is because the amplitude of the wave used to heat the water contained within the substances you cook is larger than the (1mm) diameter of the holes. Thus, the radiation does not cook you while standing in front of it.

The size of the waves in radiation determines what it simply passes through, and what it ionizes at the molecular level (DNA, etc). Microwaves rotate water, causing it to heat up. Smaller wavelengths are able remove parts from small particles like DNA, which is why x-rays and ultraviolet rays can damage your cellular components and increase the likelihood of cancer.

Normally, your body can fix the errors, but with enough exposure, or with harmful enough rays, the body can fail to compensate.

I have no stance on the harmfulness of cell phone radiation, however I personally do not speak on my cell phone more than necessary, I use a headset whenever it is convenient, and I try not to keep it near my man-parts.

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not so.

The reason your microwave door has all of those little dots on it is because the amplitude of the wave used to heat the water contained within the substances you cook is larger than the (1mm) diameter of the holes. Thus, the radiation does not cook you while standing in front of it.

The size of the waves in radiation determines what it simply passes through, and what it ionizes at the molecular level (DNA, etc). Microwaves rotate water, causing it to heat up. Smaller wavelengths are able remove parts from small particles like DNA, which is why x-rays and ultraviolet rays can damage your cellular components and increase the likelihood of cancer.

Normally, your body can fix the errors, but with enough exposure, or with harmful enough rays, the body can fail to compensate.

I have no stance on the harmfulness of cell phone radiation, however I personally do not speak on my cell phone more than necessary, I use a headset whenever it is convenient, and I try not to keep it near my man-parts.

Cool. I didn't know. :thumbup:

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not so.

From the National Cancer Institute link above

"Radiofrequency energy is a form of electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation can be categorized into two types: ionizing (e.g., x-rays, radon, and cosmic rays) and non-ionizing (e.g., radiofrequency and extremely low-frequency or power frequency)."

According to the National Cancer Institue, cell phones and microwaves emit non-ionizing radiation.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
From the National Cancer Institute link above

"Radiofrequency energy is a form of electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation can be categorized into two types: ionizing (e.g., x-rays, radon, and cosmic rays) and non-ionizing (e.g., radiofrequency and extremely low-frequency or power frequency)."

According to the National Cancer Institue, cell phones and microwaves emit non-ionizing radiation.

Correct, otherwise, we'd all be dead.

Like I said, I don't really have a stance on the matter. I'm not a physicist. I doubt that cell phone radiation causes cancer. If the device emits exactly what it says it does, then it's probably impossible.

I also, for no good reason, don't hold it against my head for hours on end when I don't have to, LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO