Best Low End and Mid Range Android Phones

richard_c

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Im looking to bu 2 android phones for my mum and dad. I need a low end phone and a mid range phone. Ideally not too big in screen size and looking for best specs for the best price.

I was hoping you guys and gals could guide me into the right direction :)

Few more details, the mid range phone will be used for tasks like taking photos, facebook, the odd light game like angry birds and for using as a satnav.

The low end one will be used mainly as a phone, calls, texts, maybe a bit of whats app.

EDIT: Sorry I also forgot to mention I am in the UK, so Ideally phones I can get in the UK or EU. :)

Last edited:

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I would check out the droid razr m. It is on Verizon only though. It has a 4.3 inch screen with medium specs. You can get it for free or 99 dollars on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd start with the carrier you want to use and see what they have available for the amount of money you want to spend. From there you can probably narrow it down to a few and then search for reviews or ask about the specifically. Right now the parameters you gave are so broad you'll have to either sift through a lot of useless answers or end up having nearly every phone recommended.

trwrt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I would check out the droid razr m. It is on Verizon only though. It has a 4.3 inch screen with medium specs. You can get it for free or 99 dollars on Verizon.

The GSM version of it is called the RAZR i (XT890), I think it is available on Orange or unlocked in the UK. I have one of them that I'm using in the US on a prepaid plan and it's a great phone. Note that it uses the Intel Medfield platform rather than ARM, though, so you may run into some app incompatibilities. So far the only one I've encountered is the flash plugin which I didn't really care about anyway. Everything else I've installed has worked without a hitch.