Switching from iPhone, need suggestions.

Nyisles84

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. So quick backround. I have owned every iteration of the iPhone, am a Mac user, have an iPad mini and use Apple TV. So, it's fair to say I am deeply involved in the Apple ecosystem.
I recently tried out the Galaxy S4 for 2 weeks on Verizon. I actually loved the device and was enjoying it. My trial was due the day after iOS 7 was announced so, rather than risk regretting using the upgrade, I returned it on the 13th day. I have been since using the iOS7 beta on my iPhone 5. While the changes in the new OS are refreshing, it still doesn't solve the things I loved with the Galaxy, that being the larger screen, notification LED's and the customization.

Seeing as parts are now leaking for the iPhone 5s, it seems Apple will keep with their usual ways and just make an incremental update with the same casing and screen size. I am most decided that I am going to switch to Android.

My question is do I go back to the Galaxy S4? Do I wait for the HTC One on Verizon? Or wait to see what the MotoX may be? Or do I just suck it up and wait for the Galaxy S5 next year with the new Design 3.0 changes?

Any opinions or input would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The phone nerd in me wants to tell you to go to your nearest VZW store and get that GS4 back but the rational adult in me wants to tell you to wait it out......lol

In all honesty though, it couldn't hurt to wait to see if the Moto X Phone turns out to be something you'd like. In the meantime, hopefully VZW releases the HTC One on their end so you can at least play around with it in the store.

Nyisles84

May 31, 2013
Visit site
The phone nerd in me wants to tell you to go to your nearest VZW store and get that GS4 back but the rational adult in me wants to tell you to wait it out......lol

In all honesty though, it couldn't hurt to wait to see if the Moto X Phone turns out to be something you'd like. In the meantime, hopefully VZW releases the HTC One on their end so you can at least play around with it in the store.

Haha the phone nerd in me is also telling me to run back to the store and go grab the S4. I could potentially go over to a ATT store and play with the One and see if it makes sense. I think one of the things I will love and hate at the same time about Android as I switch over is the plethora of good, high end phones that come out all the time. I am too accustomed to just waiting on one phone a year. I can see this becoming a very expensive hobby lol.

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I would wait until the motoX and see what it had to offer. You don't want to get the S4 now Ann's regret because of the motoX. Is wait to see what they both have to offer. But it's all up to you.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mrjohnson1100

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from my iPhone 4 (first smart phone I owned) that I've had for the last 3 years to the HTC One and I love it. I'm having a few issues getting my music library to look just the way I want it, but that's just part of the learning curve. I switched to the One because of music, it has great sound, and went with iSynch to take my music library over to my new phone.

Basically, I love that I can customize it much more than I could with my iPhone. I still have an iPad and Apple TV to keep my old information, now I have a new platform to create with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power