I have to get rid of one or the other!

Which one should I keep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This is not designed to be ANOTHER S4 vs ONE thread. I have both currently and love them both for different reasons. The wife is telling me to get rid of one or the other since I don't need 2 phones right now and we could use the money. I have swapped back and forth till I am blue in the face and I admit I can't seem to be an adult and pick one. So I am leaving it up to you. Whichever has more votes is the one I will keep.

ddasher

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
If you can live with Sense then in terms of pure functionality and hardware design then IMO the One wins hands down.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Make your wife choose, that way if you aren't happy, she can take the blame. Don't leave it to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If you can live with Sense then in terms of pure functionality and hardware design then IMO the One wins hands down.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I actually do like Sense. My only concern with the ONE is if it will be a 2 year device or if it will fade fast like some of the previous HTC devices have.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Make your wife choose, that way if you aren't happy, she can take the blame. Don't leave it to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Haha that's a nice idea. I figured you guys could decide because you are much more familiar with the devices than she is. I also told her when I got them both that I would get rid of one of them eventually:)

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Haha that's a nice idea. I figured you guys could decide because you are much more familiar with the devices than she is. I also told her when I got them both that I would get rid of one of them eventually:)

My Wife has the One, I have the S4. I choose the S4 because of removable cover and replaceable battery. Also liked the weight of the S4 in my hand. My wife choose the One because of Beats Audio and she prefers the LCD screen. The One at least comes with 32gb so she has plenty of room for her multi media. She uses her phone for multimedia and social networks much more than I do.

Maybe this information will help you with your decision.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Any chance she needs a new phone, or anyone in the house does? That way you can keep it in the house if you ever want to play with it, but it won't technically be yours lol

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The battery on the One is virtually impossible to replace without ruining the phone, if you think that might ever be an issue then choose the S4, otherwise just toss a coin if you really can't decide. They both have pros and cons, it is what features are important to you not a case of one being better than the other.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Any chance she needs a new phone, or anyone in the house does? That way you can keep it in the house if you ever want to play with it, but it won't technically be yours lol

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

It's funny you mention that because she is actually past due for a new phone but is waiting on the new iPhone. I've tried to convert her over to the dark side but no luck.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It's funny you mention that because she is actually past due for a new phone but is waiting on the new iPhone. I've tried to convert her over to the dark side but no luck.

Well darn. What was that about trading her in?? Lol, I kid.

The suggestion above mines a good one :p

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a good idea. I am guessing that the S4 would bring in more just due to brand recognition. Do you guys think the ONE is a good device for the long haul?
My guess wold be that it is. The only advantage I really see as far as computing power that the S4 will likely have is on high end games. I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff, but given that they have very similar chip sets and only marginally different RAM's (and fairly similar benchmarks, IIRC) I don't see how the S4 would hold up significantly better than the One in 2 years.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
You don't want this to be a HTC One vs S4 thread. Ok, I'll behave myself. While you don't have a big sample, it's over 2-1 in favor of the One

My guess wold be that it is. The only advantage I really see as far as computing power that the S4 will likely have is on high end games. I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff, but given that they have very similar chip sets and only marginally different RAM's (and fairly similar benchmarks, IIRC) I don't see how the S4 would hold up significantly better than the One in 2 years.

How's that ? It's the same processor, it's just the S4 is slightly over-clocked, thus the similar bench marks. You could over-clock the One. The Ones boot loader is easy to unlock. Easy to ROM.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
One.

It's amazing but you have to be patient. It's very minor but there are some things that you have to do that takes 1-2 more steps compared to the S4 which some will be solved when 4.2.2 comes out.

Like I said these are minor complaints but Build & Feel Quality, Display, BoomSound and Zoe are the reasons why I love the One. My S4 is more for work.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
One.

It's amazing but you have to be patient. It's very minor but there are some things that you have to do that takes 1-2 more steps compared to the S4 which some will be solved when 4.2.2 comes out.

Like I said these are minor complaints but Build & Feel Quality, Display, BoomSound and Zoe are the reasons why I love the One. My S4 is more for work.

Hey I came here from BB, one of the first things I did was try a few different ROMs. (Staying with Android Revolution) I don't always know the Android jargon, but what takes more steps to do ? I understand that this wont apply to me since I am on 4.2.2 I just want to understand what steps I saved, or are you talking about that wonderful drop down menu ?

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you mention that because she is actually past due for a new phone but is waiting on the new iPhone..
Which begs the question, what phone does she own now? If it's a iPhone then she probably won't be happy with any android. Most people agree that the iOS eco system is better and going from iOS to android is harder than going from android to iOS. Plus she probably has a lot invested already in iOS apps. If she has an android (or no smartphone) then all I can tell you is that I used to have the S4. Got rid of it for the HTC One dev edition and I am VERY happy that I did. Picture quality and sound quality are top notch, which means if you intend to watch any movies then the One is the only choice to get. Your needs may be different. I would take a blank piece of paper and write down what you need a smartphone to do for you, and then decide that way. The new iPhone should be out very soon so it wouldn't hurt to wait to see their new phone. iOS 7 is going to have some pretty incredible features. Also, does she have a Mac? That's another reason to stick with iOS. The point is that in that price range there is no "best" phone anymore, just best phone for your particular needs. Any one of those 3 phones is going to be a great phone to use. Only you can decide which one fits into your (or her) lifestyle best. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze