Phone upgrade need help

veyron2142

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a iPhone 4 and I get to upgrade my phone in a week but I'm really stuck about what to get. I've had iPhones for the last 4 years, started with the 3GS now got iphone 4.
I'm struggling with the decision of either getting the iPhone 5 or if to swap to android and get the galaxy s4 or htc one. I am getting a little board of my iphone but its a good phone.

Can any one give me some advice on this, I do like the s4 and htc one but just not sure on them because of hearing about fault on the phones.

Thanks Dan

jenglish724

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Best thing you can do is just play with them. Go to your carrier store.

Android will be a learning curve. I came from iPhone 4S to Galaxy Note 2. It took some time to learn to use Android again but so worth it to me.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been with opp phones myself, I got bored, and decided to try the galaxy note 2...I figured I could always come back, pay the stocking fee and grab the ip5... what happened is LoL I love the note 2.
I used my dd upgrade, my acct still has two upgrades. As an iPhone owner I would've picked the HTC one, however I got to play with the galaxy phone and love it. They are both awesome phones and fit everyone's likes/dislikes etc
I love the open format of android. Bring able to change keyboards, launchers, download my own ring tone without HAVING to use iTunes(not the biggest deal, BUT, its annoying) on and on..I also prefer how the pics come out vs the iPhone pics.shockingly so.very surprised I was.
To each their own. My brother has the iPhone 5... tells me net a Samsung phone but... Each time he sees me he plays with it loll
I'm so much like him I know he wants to change.
Anyways... Check them out and decide.;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

veyron2142

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Yea I'm leaning toward the s4 at the moment just because off all the tech on it, has anyone had any problems with software on the galaxy phone like lag, I know the iPhones are really good when come to viruses

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
One thing I want to add, whatever phone you get, give it a week to get use to the Android operating system.

The s4 had some lag issues for me and an update fixed all that. Some people complain about the S4 lag with all the features turned on. HTC One seems to be a smoother experience but you don't get the removable battery nor SD card slot. Since you are an iPhone user, you may not mind that. Also the One comes with 32gb standard.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah got a 16gb iPhone and its full that's why I like the s4 with the expandable memory, I just not sure with htc one

Is it filled with media or apps? Pictures and Music can go on the SD card, apps can not yet do so. There is an update that is suppose to help resolve that but it has some draw backs.
One of them being that people are stating that apps on the SD card seem to be limited to 50megabytes in size.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Either the S4 or HTCO would be a great choice with the S4 being my pick. Try and make a couple of visits to your carrier store and use the devices. I suggest more than once or twice and see what fits your style based on your day to day routine. Think of what you'll expect from the phone and see if it meets those standards when you use it. It's hard to make a decision with so little time. Let us know what you decide to go with.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

veyron2142

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I went in about a week ago and got told that I can choose a phone like the s4 and I've got a week to play with it and if I don't like it can change it but think I will end up sticking with the s4

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'm leaning toward the s4 at the moment just because off all the tech on it, has anyone had any problems with software on the galaxy phone like lag, I know the iPhones are really good when come to viruses

Viruses? You won't get any virues if you stick with the Google Play store apps. No one I know has ever gotten anything from anywhere on Android. The S4 does have some areas with slight lag like the gallery app and you will get a lot of bloatware with an Android phone from a carrier that you'll probably want to disable.

Android will be a learning curve if its your first time trying it but its a better OS, in my opinion. HTC One or S4 are both great phones.

Sent from my HTC One

veyron2142

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Yea I've never had a android phone and that's good on the software then, only reason I keep thinking of the iPhone 5 is because of ios7 coming out which look quite good

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've never had a android phone and that's good on the software then, only reason I keep thinking of the iPhone 5 is because of ios7 coming out which look quite good

iOS 7 is still very limited. Its basically just a new look with added Android features . Its good for iOS though if you only want an Apple device.

If you go iPhone I'd just wait for iPhone 5S.

Sent from my HTC One

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I went in about a week ago and got told that I can choose a phone like the s4 and I've got a week to play with it and if I don't like it can change it but think I will end up sticking with the s4

There's typically a restocking fee. If you don't mind paying that, then it's no problem.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You definitely need more than 7 days to decide if you like it or not. I think it's enough time to decide if you want to invest in learning it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret