Cheapest Way To Get Phone

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I really am wanting to get a Galaxy Note II the Verizon version. I know there are more than one way to do it but I'm curious of what those are.

I have no lines on my account that are eligible for upgrade. I don't know anybody that's willing to give up an upgrade. Is it possible to add a new line to get the Note then cancel a line for $350? Has anybody done this? What about the new Verizon financing program, has anybody done that? Any other ideas?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to go through all that trouble, you should check out swappa.com or the marketplace forum here. If you pick up a used one for $450 it's saving you money over going this route.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
They're a website that specializes in buying/selling smartphones and tablets. They're very reputable. I've bought and sold devices through them a number of times with no headaches.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The $350 is just the cancellation charge on the contract. There would probably be other fees for the device.

Check Swappa or the for sale forum for used devices.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I really am wanting to get a Galaxy Note II the Verizon version. I know there are more than one way to do it but I'm curious of what those are.

I have no lines on my account that are eligible for upgrade. I don't know anybody that's willing to give up an upgrade. Is it possible to add a new line to get the Note then cancel a line for $350? Has anybody done this? What about the new Verizon financing program, has anybody done that? Any other ideas?

If you were looking at a device that costs 600 plus through any channel I would say add a line but you should be able to get a Note 2 for around 350-450 depending on where you buy it from. Craigslist is always the cheapest option but being that you have Verizon make sure to contact Verizon to verify the esn number is clean before handing over the cash. Swappa is also a good place as mentioned above.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Just call customer service and talk to them and ask if u can do an early upgrade. They might override it if there nice.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do not just add a line and cancel. Abuses of the system like that are what carriers can use to justify increasing the ETF for all of us. You can get a Note 2 on ebay for $500 or less (your way is $200 phone+$35 activation + $350 cancel = $585).

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do not just add a line and cancel. Abuses of the system like that are what carriers can use to justify increasing the ETF for all of us. You can get a Note 2 on ebay for $500 or less (your way is $200 phone+$35 activation + $350 cancel = $585).

That does make more sense

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc