FROYO 2.2

scooter2869

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! First of all I am new to Android OS and must admit I like it a lot! I came from BlackBerry, which I still think rocks, but Android OS is much better IMO. I recently purchased the HTC EVO 4G with 2.1. Love this phone!! Simply amazed at what I can do with it. Then 2.2 comes along and I am still amazed. But there are glitches here and there. I read in these forums that people are pissed off with the 2.2 upgrade and wish they could go back to 2.1. They say this app is not working or this isnt doing what its supposed to do...So with this being said, and with me being new to Android, was 2.1 perfect when it came out? Absolutely no glitches or problems and everything worked the way it was supposed to? I would have to guess (and its only a guess) that it wasnt. I would have to say there was some changes made to make it better. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here or stir up a heated discussion. I guess I'm trying to make a point of that there will always be issues with an upgrade and sooner or later these issues will be taken care of. Part of being an optimist I guess :).

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you come from BB and CB, you will find many of the same personas here. Same issues, too. Very familiar. However, the Droid is far ahead of the BB and most people don't have a lot of trouble, other than figuring out how to do things the right way or where to find the options to change things.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
But there are glitches here and there. I read in these forums that people are pissed off with the 2.2 upgrade and wish they could go back to 2.1.

Come to the Incredible forums, everyone there is butthurt over not getting Froyo in the first place. They are angry at being denied the privilege of complaining about 2.2 and wishing they can go back to 2.1:rolleyes:

In other words, yeah, exact same issues as on CB. The grass is always greener!

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
Yes the great thing about this phone though is that IT WORKS!!! 2.1, 2.2, 100.100 who cares! It is an awesome phone! I really like this phone. Had it a couple months now and I can't find anything I don't like about it. I would like to see the update come as it will bring more to this already awesome phone. The only thing that frustrates me is rumors. When 2.2 gets here it gets here. Needing a road map to figure out when it is going to drop because everyone has a different rumor is what is driving me LOCO!!!!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes the great thing about this phone though is that IT WORKS!!! 2.1, 2.2,

Um with the exception of the Storm 1 for the first 6-7 months and models that people installed leaked software on, Blackberry just works too, and you can depend on the battery lasting a day or longer, something the new Android super-phones cant promise unless you disable half the features that make the phone worth having (sync, screen brightness, etc.).

I love both platforms, and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I had the 9530 and the 9550; both since launch. The 9530 reached barely adequate six months in and was a whole different phone by the time 5.0 rolled around. The 9550 was just fine out of the box. Unfortunately, I was part of that new consumer demographic they were trying to court, and while the phones worked they completely lacked any and all wow factor. The elusive wow factor: completely intangible, unquantifiable, and undefined, and consequently it mystified RIM and proved that they did not understand the demographic they were trying to attract. The Torch launch reinforced that in spades.

So while I harbor no hard feelings, I certainly don't harbor any loyalty to the brand either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca