Favorite Apps; Give us your list !

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I made a search for "app list" and "favorite apps" and found nothing, so I'm hopefully not duplicating anything already in existence, and here goes:

We all have different likes and habits, and no one is exactly the same, there are probably as many quirks in Apps downloads and installs as there are smartphone users. Let's see what's out there, list your Favorite Browsers and apps here!

Android Open Office It's FREE and it just works. The bugs have been ironed out, and I love the spread sheet's usability as-is, on a 5" screen!

ES file explorer V3 Amongst the best free file managers out there, no root access, though.

Dolphin Browser Critically "acclaimed" browser. Nice bunch of plugins available, fast and stable.

Flash, even if it is now unsuported, you can still have it. (security risk, though)

VLC This player is not perfect, but it will decode DTS on your phone, and supports every format imaginable, including unusual stuff like Wavpak and APE.

Feedly My prefered news reader. I dumped Flipboard and Mobo Reader for it..

Aldiko Book Reader . Great stuff, make sure you checkout Feedbooks, a website with a bevy of rights-free books, including all the great turn of the century classics like Conan Doyle and Jules Verne's works.

ConvertDroid Great little measure converter, very complete.

Droidlight LED Flashlight Free flashlight app by Motorola, but works on everything, as far as I know. Most usefull.

FOViewer Deluxe Free This is a nice little app for Astronomy buffs. It caculates different metrics for telescope owners.

My Playlist Maker For those with music organized by folders, this allows for quick creation of playlists for any format music, with customizable extension types, folders for saving playlists and a file browsing system to chose which folder to create playlists for. Great stuff, specially for people with lame players with no playlist utility on their phones.

MoonPhase Moon phase viewer. Stargazer's stuff.

SkEye | Astronomy Great stuff. Planetarium, one of the best for Android.

S&T SkyWeek List of stellar and celestial events from the Sky and Telescope magazine. Also sports a little sky map.

Notepad Great little Notepad, well behaved. Been using it since Froyo was the big thing.

Ulysse Gizmos Got sensors ? This thing will tell you a boatload of geometric data, acceleration, magnetic fields and the likes. Real slyck.

APK Extractor Extracts you apps' APKs, allows to save them to port your apps to another phone.

APK fetcher Extracts you apps' APKs, allows to save them to port your apps to another phone.

Last edited:

TCaRRtel

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not too sure what you are asking. I don't really have a "favorite app" just apps that I use to make my life easier. But I do find myself using the stock AOSP Browser more than any other

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21