Google Play Music All Access RADIO - does not LEARN like Pandora??

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Pandora for awhile now...signed up for the Google Play Music All Access trial on June 30th to lock in the $7.99 price. I love many of the features...but the radio has been an utter failure for me, compared to Pandora.

I find that Pandora learns what I like very quickly. It takes only a few hours of listening and hitting thumbs up/down to teach it to play mostly songs I like.

...on the other hand, I find that All Access Radio does not seem to learn at all. In fact, I am getting the feeling that the thumbs up/down only changes what stations Google recommends I listen to...I spend more time hitting thumbs down on the myriad of random songs it throws at me than I do actually listening to songs I like.

It makes me miss Pandora and wonder if I'm not going to switch back once this trial ends and I have to pay for it...I assume it will get better but I'm really disappointed with the radio so far!

Anyone else experiencing the same? Thanks!

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I experience the same thing. If I thumb down something, that means I don't want to hear it again while listening to that station. Right now, I'm a little bummed about how the new Jay Z album is being handled. I don't have to be able to listen to it the day it releases, but it would be nice to know when it will be available. Google has unbelievable programs and ideas, but they sometimes fail to put their selves in the customer's shoes and see their point of view. With that said, I do believe GPMAA will get better and better so I'll be sticking with them.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I experience the same thing. If I thumb down something, that means I don't want to hear it again while listening to that station. Right now, I'm a little bummed about how the new Jay Z album is being handled. I don't have to be able to listen to it the day it releases, but it would be nice to know when it will be available. Google has unbelievable programs and ideas, but they sometimes fail to put their selves in the customer's shoes and see their point of view. With that said, I do believe GPMAA will get better and better so I'll be sticking with them.

I agree it will only get better...and staying locked in to the $7.99 early-adopter price is pretty smart on their part...I might have to either pay for both GPMAA and Pandora or go with Pandora free for awhile...GPMAA is excellent but currently the radio sucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21