Advice? Which one? Your thoughts?

lostwhiteboyy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So basically I'm looking to get a android device, I have been going back and forth on which one i want to get.
So it's been between Htc One developer edition (I want 64gb) 650$, Att Htc One 650$, Att Galaxy s4 (touchwiz) 630$, Galaxy s4 (Google edition) 650$,
Or the Att Optimus G Pro 550$?

I like the developer edition because of getting updates pretty quick since there is no carrier involved. But hate the warranty if I have to send it away. The att galaxy s4 is nice because I pick it up today and if I ever have any warranty issue I can just go to the store easy and quick, but have to wait for carrier updates I also like that it has the user replaceable battery if I was to have a battery issue I could just buy and new one and replace. The google edition because of updates but would miss some of the features you get with touchwiz plus I hate that if you have a hardware issue you'd have to send it back for warranty. The lg because its 100 dollars cheaper not sure about lg's UI though, the updates suck like all carrier versions.

So those are my reasons, may not be the best but not sure which to go with. Thanks in advance for any help or opinions.

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems like you have a great understanding of your choices, so I would head to the local AT&T store, play with each phone, and grab the one you like the best. Unfortunately, there is no best phone; there's only a best phone for you. As for getting the Developer version, I guess it comes down to how important updates are to you, but only you can answer that.

Posted via Android Central App

geronco

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally would go with the S4. My wife spent hours trying out these phones, and she got the S4 in the end. The phone is amazing!

Sent from my Note 2 using AC Forums mobile app

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've spent considerable amount of time on the ATT S4 & HTC One. Ran the Google edition ROM on both as well as the stock setups touchwiz & sense 5. As I am sure you know you lose features of the phones with the Google editions.

Now, I ended up keeping the HTC one and could not be more happy. I love it so much I'm considering buying a second as I only paid 182 for mine on contract. It's really an amazing device. The build quality is second to none, yes even the iPhone IMO. It just screams quality. The dual front facing speakers are really nice.

Another thing I had a terrible time using the s4 in bright sun light due to the Amoled screen. Its also a lot different visually and colors are different than the HTC one display.

The Lcd3 display on the HTC one is really amazing. 468ppi. Its easily usable in direct sun light.

The s4 has the benefit of a removable battery & micro SD slot. Now 32gb on the one works for me. I've also found the battery life to be sufficient.

The one has a better build quality, better speakers, and a camera that can Be used in more environments than the s4. Comparing the s4 side by side to the one I found the one to have a slightly wider view and also take amazing low light photos where as on the s4 I couldn't even make out what the camera was pointing at, it was totally dark.

Also if you dont plan on printing posters with the photos you take the resolution of the one should be fine.

At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference and needs.
Do you need the micro SD slot? What about a removable battery? Do you prefer the superb build quality of the one?

You can also run the Google edition Roms on the carrier versions of the s4 & HTC one. Well GSM Roms are out I know that as I've used them.

Also keep in mind there is a dual boot capability in the works for the one so you can dual boot the google edition ROM as well as a sense based ROM.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Rugbylad2801

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
S4 they're incredible i just got one on contract upgrade its definitely worth it !! Amazing camera, features, speed def best phone on market at the moment in my eyes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey