Difference between Galaxy Nexus and S3

jbsmith_05

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests, what is the difference between the Verizon model of the Nexus and S3? I'm looking to upgrade my phone and I only buy used now (versus taking the VZW subsidy) but I'm having trouble seeing the differences.

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
They are both completely different devices, but both completely capable devices.

The Galaxy Nexus is the second newest Nexus device, behind the LG Nexus 4, the current flagship.

It contains a 1.2 GHz Dual Core CPU, 1 GB of RAM, and Android 4.2.2.

Galaxy S3, the previous Galaxy flagship contains:

1.5 GHz Dual Core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and Android 4.1.1, with a 4.2.2 update supposedly coming soon.

Both have decent specs, and either should be fine for moderate usage. Just depends on what you really want.

jbsmith_05

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well it is to replace an iPhone4. Doing your typical tasks such as internet, facebook/twitter/etc, email, texting. There wouldn't be any rooting or that type of stuff.

Given this what phone would you recommend (My only stipluation is that its a verizon 4g phone)...could be either of these two or something else.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus is the second newest Nexus device, behind the LG Nexus 4, the current flagship.

I don't get what you're trying to say here, seeing as how Samsung's Galaxy Nexus came out in 2011, while LG's Nexus 4 came out late last year....

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't get what you're trying to say here, seeing as how Samsung's Galaxy Nexus came out in 2011, while LG's Nexus 4 came out late last year....

What don't you get? The Galaxy Nexus is the second newest, behind the Nexus 4, the newest, and current flagship.

Adam Tentis

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They are both completely different devices, but both completely capable devices.

It contains a 1.2 GHz Dual Core CPU, 1 GB of RAM, and Android 4.2.2.

Galaxy S3, the previous Galaxy flagship contains:

1.5 GHz Dual Core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and Android 4.1.1, with a 4.2.2 update supposedly coming soon.

Both have decent specs, and either should be fine for moderate usage. Just depends on what you really want.

Do not get the galaxy nexus. Battery life is worse, camera is worse and its much much slower. The processor on the nexus can barely run android 4.2.2

Oh and I currently use the nexus so you might wanna take my word...

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Do not get the galaxy nexus. Battery life is worse, camera is worse and its much much slower. The processor on the nexus can barely run android 4.2.2

I still have my Galaxy Nexus up & running with WIND Mobile, for the simple fact that I need to keep the phone number on it working until December because I entered a bunch of contests with that number before I won the S4 from MobileSyrup.com and got a new number with Telus.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If not rooting etc, the S3 by far.
I have the galaxy nexus on big red and battery life is horrible, but a 15.00 anker battery gets me through the day no problem.
Signal is weak, but not by much compared to the S3 at least in my area.
S3 is bigger screen, etc.
I love my GNex except for volume and battery, but with an old fashion ringer it works fine.
Both have some lag to them and the Nexus doesn't have the button along the bottom.
Only big issue I have is that it doesn't stay connected all the time with my parrot BT. I just have to turn it off and back once in a while, but I think that's a 4.2.2 thing.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you on the battery life, the camera and the processor speed but when you say it can barely run on 4.2.2 just curious why you said that? My wife now uses my Galaxy nexus and I upgraded to the N4, but had zero problems with running on 4.2.2 and I am a heavy user when it comes to smartphones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae