HTC One VS GS4 for a Flashaholic

Razaqadri

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am nexus 4 owner that means I am a flash holic so can anyone tell me straight which device is more developer friendly (I am talking about international version) means which will get a long lasting dev support and tell me should I wait for nexus 5 or buy one of these ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Trying not to be bias as a long term Samsung user, I know both devices achieve root fairly easily. Actually most devices do, just not as easy as a Nexus. I don't have a ton of experience with HTC myself but from all I have read its a fairly simple process especially to a seasoned rooter that understands the terminology and basics of rooting and ROMs.

Myself, I've always liked Samsung's easy approach using Odin to flash a custom recovery and apply Superuser from there. However my next new device I am considering taking the plunge into the HTC world and anxious to try my hand at the methods used for HTC to achieve root and enjoy custom ROMs.

As for your thoughts about waiting for the Nexus 5, you will have to ask yourself what your looking for in your rooting experience and device in general. Are you willing to accept and use a branded device with a custom skin ( UI ) with options of flashing an AOSP based ROM or do you just flat out prefer the pure Vanilla experience and enjoy the custom ROMs built off AOSP ?

Last thought there is no doubt judging from what we saw in changes in the Nexus 4 that all future Nexi should be a little more hardware advanced including the latest software so that is definitely something to consider. Nexus is no longer just a software machine with average hardware, now its more a game player trying to stay a little more on par with the latest and greatest hardware advancements to supplement the newer software its running.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One basically only has one variant so the development for it has been insane so far. There are tons of fantastic roms (both Sense, Cyanogen based, and Google Edition), kernels, mods, etc. Unlocking the bootloader is simple, root is easy, and S-Off has already been achieved. It's a very developer friendly device.

The Galaxy S4 i9505 is doing pretty good development-wise but I don't think it's quite where the One is. I'll know for sure in about a week once someone buys this iPhone of mine and I can buy an S4. The i9500 seems to have very poor development because most of the big developers have sworn to never develop for a Exynos device again after Samsung didn't release the sources for the processor in the S3.

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I am nexus 4 owner that means I am a flash holic so can anyone tell me straight which device is more developer friendly (I am talking about international version) means which will get a long lasting dev support and tell me should I wait for nexus 5 or buy one of these ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have used both the s4 and ONE extensively and while support on the s4 is great the ONE's support is better due to all gsm versions being the same. Also now that there is a Google edition of both of these devices, they will both be supported for some time.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon