Active car holder for Galaxy Mega

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can purchase an active car holder for the Galaxy Mega 6.3? I'm a big fan of Brodit, and used their first class active holders for my last two phones (the Note1 and Dell Streak). Unfortunately they inform me that they're not going to be making one for the Galaxy Mega, so I'm looking for an alternative. I'm not a fan of "Universal", "Generic" holders, I really am looking for something purpose made for the Mega and of good build quality.
Any suggestions, anyone, please?

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
That looks like a good possibility, many thanks. I'll have to get in touch with them and ask about whether it works with the Mega; I have a feeling that the power connector for the Mega is different from that for the Note1/note2. But if it does fit, and I can't find a dedicated Mega dock, this is a great first possibility, cheers.

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've just had one of the fastest email responses to any company I've ever contacted! iBolt has just confirmed that it is indeed compatible with the Mega, both physically and electronically.
However, I must confess that having looked at it in more detail it's not too elegant. You have to hold the device in, squeeze the dock together, and then separately attach the cable.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be grateful to know them as well.
Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech