Do you guys use iOS in addition to Android?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Currently I own a Nexus 4 and a ipad mini and ipad 4.

I love my iPads and think their tablet experience is superior to what android does right now for tablets, but I think I'm liking android more for my phone uses. The thing is, I don't know if is be better served just going all in on ios or going all in on android.

Does anyone else use both android and ios? How to you keep them in sync with one another? Do you find investing in two separate ecosyes
tems to be expensive or cumbersome?

Last edited by a moderator:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do you guys use ios in addition to android?

I'm kinda debating giving the new nexus 7 a try when it comes out to see how I like its feel compared to my ipad mini. But then I would have three tablets, which might be seen as ridiculous. I suppose if I liked the nexus 7 a lot more o could always sell the ipad mini and keep the bigger ipad 4.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I will rock an iphone and an android phone till I die :) can't wait for iPhone 5s, note 3, HTC one max, nexus 5, g2 and maybe even the moto x!! Take my money <3

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I love my iPads and think their tablet experience is superior to what android does right now for tablets, but I think I'm liking android more for my phone uses. The thing is, I don't know if is be better served just going all in on ios or going all in on android.

Does anyone else use both android and ios? How to you keep them in sync with one another? Do you find investing in two separate ecosyes

I use both. I have a Motorola DROID RAZR M and an iPad mini. For my tablet experience I use Apple and for my phones I use Android.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I have an HTC One and an iPad 4 and couldn't be happier. I bought an iPhone 5 to see if I liked both my phone and tablet running the same OS...and it was terrible. Apple might own the tablet market, but I found the iPhone to be inferior to my HTC One in all ways. On the other hand, I found the iPad 4 to be superior to the Nexus 10 I owned for a few days.

Posted via Android Central App

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
As background, I have an Android phone and tablet and my wife has an iPhone and iPad. We keep all our music in iTunes but share photos via Dropbox.

What sort of things do you want to keep in sync between the two? iTunes is pretty easy to keep in sync on an Android phone. There are several ways to do it. I haven't used the photo capabilities in iTunes, but services like Dropbox work well for synching photos between the two ecosystems. I don't know about contacts and calendar, though. I've never tried to sync those between the two. I'd guess the ease in syncing that stuff is the big advantage of keeping one ecosystem.

If you do a lot in Tasker, then that's an advantage to keeping it all Android. I can easily share web pages and Google searches between devices and even push either of those from Chrome on a PC to either device. I can also monitor my tablet battery with my phone and have it notify me if the battery is low. Though this guy at Pocketables has found some workarounds to getting some limited capabilities on his iPad:

How to control Tasker on Android from homescreen shortcuts on iOS - Pocketables
How to send push notifications from Tasker on Android to iOS devices

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have both types of phones, have had every iPhone from the beginning and many Android phones. There is no Android tablet worth my money or that compares to the iPad 4 which is far better in all areas.

- - - Updated - - -

You can upload your iTunes Music to Google Music and sync that way.

As background, I have an Android phone and tablet and my wife has an iPhone and iPad. We keep all our music in iTunes but share photos via Dropbox.

What sort of things do you want to keep in sync between the two? iTunes is pretty easy to keep in sync on an Android phone. There are several ways to do it. I haven't used the photo capabilities in iTunes, but services like Dropbox work well for synching photos between the two ecosystems. I don't know about contacts and calendar, though. I've never tried to sync those between the two. I'd guess the ease in syncing that stuff is the big advantage of keeping one ecosystem.

If you do a lot in Tasker, then that's an advantage to keeping it all Android. I can easily share web pages and Google searches between devices and even push either of those from Chrome on a PC to either device. I can also monitor my tablet battery with my phone and have it notify me if the battery is low. Though this guy at Pocketables has found some workarounds to getting some limited capabilities on his iPad:

How to control Tasker on Android from homescreen shortcuts on iOS - Pocketables
How to send push notifications from Tasker on Android to iOS devices

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm just not a fan of iOS. I've tried to like it, but it's not for me. I really like the newest generation of iPod Touch. I got one of those and had it for like a month, but couldn't really justify the purchase after awhile and took it back.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My kids have an android phone and an iPods.
They seem to like both devices quite a bit

My wife has an iPad and Transformer she says each one has their strength. Me personally I prefer her Transformer but that is because it had better hardware and is something I'm familiar with.

Her iPad tries my patience.

Rocking with the Note II

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have both types of phones, have had every iPhone from the beginning and many Android phones. There is no Android tablet worth my money or that compares to the iPad 4 which is far better in all areas.

- - - Updated - - -

You can upload your iTunes Music to Google Music and sync that way.

well, my worry was just repurchasing the same apps over and over again. I know I can keep my music in google music, thats actualy what I do.

Im really considering picking up the nexus 7 2 when it hits and seeing how I like that. And if I like it more than my ipad mini, ill probaly sell the mini and keep the ipad 4 for comic reading, videos, browsing on the couch, and games.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I have an iPad 2 I got in August of 2011, but I don't have them synced, really. If I ever want a picture on my iPad I use Dropbox.

I will probably get the latest Android tablet (probably a Nexus) when my iPad calls it quits or becomes really laggy.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
iPad 4 (upgraded from iPad 1) and an HTC One. Also I have several iPod Nanos, all different generations.

They are two totally different devices, and have two different purposes, so keeping them in sync is not an issue. Contacts, calendar and email is done through Exchange. Music is drag and drop.

Apple nailed it with the iPad. The 4:3 screen ratio is excellent for both work and play.

nope, apple wont get any of my $$$

Your loss.

rumanuu76

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Up until a couple of months ago I had one of the original ipod minis. I used to have it connected in my car and I also used it on holiday for music so I didn't waste the battery on my phone. Anyway it got nicked so I bought a 64 gig classic of eBay. If my car had bluetooth streaming I would definitely use my Galaxy S3 for music because I love play music especially the instant mixes. I sync google music and iTunes on my laptop.

Other than that I've had an iPhone 4 but didn't really take to it, I was still using that when I got my Transformer Prime. There was no integration whatsoever at that time.

Posted via Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I decided I'm going to go ahead a give the new nexus 7 a go when it comes out. I'll use it for a bit a see how I like it compared to my ipad mini. If I like it more, I can sell the mini. If I don't like it as much, well, then I'm only out maybe 250 bucks. Not a huge lose, really.

I did mess around with the current nexus 7 at places like staples and GameStop, but there Wifi was shoddy and I obviously couldn't download all my apps to the tester units, so really the only way to properly test it is to bite the bullet and buy it I think.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My job gave me an iPad Mini. I only turn it on from time to time and don't invest any money in apps.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't, but I will be soon. Bought a Nexus 7 and returned it 5 hours later. The lack of Tablet apps in the Play Store, makes it useless to invest in any Android tablet at the moment. As for my phone, I'll probably switch when I upgrade. To Windows Phone or iOS. Not sure which. But iOS is the only choice for tablets at the moment if you want a decent app ecosystem - assuming the Windows Store doesn't take off pretty soon (their apps are practically tablet-format by default due to PC/Notebook screen sizes)...

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't, but I will be soon. Bought a Nexus 7 and returned it 5 hours later. The lack of Tablet apps in the Play Store, makes it useless to invest in any Android tablet at the moment. As for my phone, I'll probably switch when I upgrade. To Windows Phone or iOS. Not sure which. But iOS is the only choice for tablets at the moment if you want a decent app ecosystem - assuming the Windows Store doesn't take off pretty soon (their apps are practically tablet-format by default due to PC/Notebook screen sizes)...

What does "not optimized for tablets" even mean? It's stretched out? Pixelated? Black bars? I would think it wouldn't be that bad on the 7 inch form factor of the nexus 7?

loc09

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I am using also iPad. I think it is superior when it comes to tablets. It is good to have iOS device, so I can access everything in Apple App Store. But in phones, all i need to say is widget, that makes android way better than iOS.
For me iPhones are looking like they are selling the same product they sold in 2007. Only progress has been in third-party apps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante