So, the 30 day trial for Google music all access has come and gone, and we're almost coming up to two months of the service being out. How much do you guys think it has improved? Are you still subscribed to it? Or did you go back to Spotify/Rdio?

Personally, I resubscribe to keep the special pricing, but the fact that it STILL uses a ton of data could be a inevitable deal breaker. Low and medium quality settings sound bad, also. It's not like Spotify where it sounds good even on lowest bit rate.

Really, I don't know why google can't fix this. I don't want to keep downloading and listening over wifi because I'm afraid of eating all my data.
    07-22-2013 01:28 AM
    I cancelled it two weeks into my trial when it was announced. Though I have two Android devices and am also an Apple user, I will get get Apple's music service for free when it comes out since I use iTunes Match.
    07-22-2013 02:51 AM
    Yes I still have it and love it. I think the radio feature could use some improvements, but I don't use it that often. I have downloaded tons of music on my phone and have organized them into many playlists. By doing that, I don't have to use data. It works great, is simple, and is saving me money by not having to buy individual albums. Also, I use it at the office all day long.
    07-22-2013 06:54 AM
    The thing is, google music all access is almost perfect for me. It stores my personal library and give me the ability to listen to new music all the time.

But it's data use and sound quality when I'm not running it at high bit rate setting is killing me. And I can't run it at high bit rate because that would kill my data.
    07-22-2013 12:16 PM
    I kept my subscription and to me it is well worth it. It cost less a month than one album would cost and I have access to almost any song I can think of. With the option to pin to device I never use data. I have it set to only stream over wifi so that solves that problem. I couldn't be happier with it!
    07-22-2013 09:22 PM
    Just a tip I use with All Access:
    Data hog, yes. The key to managing this is using the create playlist based off a song function. When I'm at home I use radio after a shower while I'm getting ready for work. After I'm done with that I'll pick a song and have Play create a playlist, then pin the playlist to device for the drive to work. I work an hour away from home so usually one playlist for going and one for coming does the trick. When I get home I unpin them and go about my business. This makes the agony of being on a metered plan a bit more bearable!
    07-22-2013 11:37 PM
    How do you create a play list based on a song?

I just can't figure out what's using all that data or why google can't stream at a acceptable quality om low or normal.
    07-23-2013 01:25 AM
    I've kept it for now. But that may change. I think the update they released yesterday has at least somewhat fixed my battery drain problem that I was having after using app to stream. However, I am still having a horrible stuttering/buzzing audio problem on my Mac which may be a deal breaker if they don't solve that issue. I can stream other cloud music from Amazon, Soundcloud, Spotify, etc. without this issue. So I don't know what the heck Google is doing differently, but it doesn't matter what browser I use, it still has issues every now and then and I just can't live with that. If they don't fix that I will have no choice but to move on.
    07-25-2013 05:24 PM